Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only 6 weeks to go.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

flag123 wrote: »
    I heard that theres lots of plant biology on this years paper...
    I fcuking hope not!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

are we finishing school in 4 weeks or 6 weeks? :confused:

are we finishing school in 4 weeks or 6 weeks? :confused:
    Well, I graduate in 4 and its block study then for 2 weeks. So 4 for me really. If it were 4 all of a sudden for everyone round here, people would have a sheeat attack!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah I think it's 4 for me too but I'm not really sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Jammyc wrote: »
    I fcuking hope not!!!:mad:

Sadly I think hes right, there was little last year and ther was uproar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

For hon Irish, our teacher thinks that Bimse Buan... is going to come up, apparently at some conference they told them to pay particular attention to that this year. :)

aine-maire wrote: »
    For hon Irish, our teacher thinks that Bimse Buan... is going to come up, apparently at some conference they told them to pay particular attention to that this year. :)
    I hope it does, I studied the fook outa that last weekend, only to find it came up last year, i was like ahhh shiite!

Jammyc wrote: »
    I hope it does, I studied the fook outa that last weekend, only to find it came up last year, i was like ahhh shiite!

Ha, well poems have come up two years in a row before, so don't worry ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Chemistry:
    Our teacher swears by the bleach titration, it is the only one which has not come up.. it has a few little tricks too..like you have to multipy the no. of moles by the RMM of NaClO which is 75.5 but the only give you ClO on the sheet so loads of people will only multiply by the RMM of that and theres other little bits too.

I'm sure I have more tips written down...I'll post them up if i find them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

dermo1990 wrote: »
    Yeah she's been saying the same thing to us and it does seem to make sense given that it's Walcotts first time up as far as I know.

What is so good abput the ballinteer teacher??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

pass irish , definately lig sin, probably bean og and fiche blian ag fas, poetry part geallt, jack, faoiseamh gheo and mabye bimse buan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

English: im studying bishop(great detail) , keats(decent enough) and longley(decent enough aswell)

Irish: i do ord level but i noticed that the poem "faoiseamh a gheobhadsa" has come up every year since 03, for poetry im also doing jack, gealt, bimse buan agus nil aon ni
    And for the pros, im just doing- Clare sa Speir, Cearrbach mac caba, agus Coileach Ghleann Padrig.

Geography: For honours level i noticed that for physical, Landform development(rocks, isostacy, plate tectonics,ect) and human interaction(mass movement, river processes, ect) always tend to come up as a B and C in a question, now dont take my definate word, its just something ive noticed.
    For Regional, im just going over everything, making sure my maps of Ireland, the mezzigiorno and India are great
    For Economics im definatly making sure i know an MNC qus backwards and same for the EU policies in Ireland, il also go back over everything else
    And for Culture and Identity im going to know an essay on language/religion as a cultural indicator, Religious conflict and impact of colonialism and migration.

Physics: im not great at physics but all i can say is ignore completely the expeiments from 08 because there not coming up again (so says my teacher) and jus make sure ya have a decent enough knowledge of the course, know which sections your stronger at and hope they come up in section B.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

your making a mistake not doing lig sin i gcathu,its on every mock paper and clare sa speir came up last year and in 2006

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

well clare sa speir appears all the time, and we only started lig sin o gCathu today so im not sure if its good or not, i mite still study it though.

Des23 wrote: »
    Chemistry:
    Our teacher swears by the bleach titration, it is the only one which has not come up.. it has a few little tricks too..like you have to multipy the no. of moles by the RMM of NaClO which is 75.5 but the only give you ClO on the sheet so loads of people will only multiply by the RMM of that and theres other little bits too.

I'm sure I have more tips written down...I'll post them up if i find them..

Please do, that'd be amazing.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

I only have Bishop done in detail. Keats Walcott and Longley are new to me this year. Would they not put on one poet from last year again do ye not think?

I really think that it's impossible to predict what's coming on.
    Have at least 2 to be safe!

I'm doing Bishop, Keats, Walcott and maybe Longley if I have time ^^

Bishop seems to be a cert nearly as there is always a female poet and Rich was up last year so that would be my guess.

By the looks of things roughly 60-70% of people doing the exam will answer Bishop, so it would be a tougher to do well considering you are going to be competing with far more people to have a stand out answer.
    Personally I'm learning; Keats, Walcott, Longley, Bishop in that order.
    I'll glance at Mahon for a worst case scenario aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

yeh i think its a bit TOO obvious bishops coming up this year...

• Advertisement

yeh i think its a bit TOO obvious bishops coming up this year...

The pandemonium that would ensue were she not to appear........

Des23 wrote: »
    The pandemonium that would ensue were she not to appear........

Yep, but would those state examination commission people care?

Don't think so...

Like, there are 8 poets on the course. If you only learn one, you're taking a HUGE risk.

They can ask whichever 5 they want!

(it is 5,yeah?5 or 6,whatever...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

ughh

They can ask whichever 5 they want!

(it is 5,yeah?5 or 6,whatever...)

It's only 4...

Yep, but would those state examination commission people care?

While they may not 'care' the % of people who get certain grades in certain subject is pretty much the same every year. Thus the poetry question will be marked easier, and the grade distribution for the poetry section will line up similarly with previous years.
    In the leaving cert: Its not really that wrong if everyone makes the same mistake.

Ha, that's true, but if you read this thread most people are learning a back-up poet...
    In which case...
    Good luck! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I'm going to study Michael Longley and Derek Walcott in detail, they're my favourites...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

English: Walcott's the man!!!
    Irish: One of the two honours poems that has never appeared will surely have to appear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

1 of the 2 old poems in iriah is supposed to come up as "usual" our teacher said. and bimse buan came up last year so she says uarchill an chreagain this year!

Any1 got notes on all the poems and pros, i cant learn them. more info i try to learn, the more that goes in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭marblesolutions

Biology Look at the anerobic respiration practical- production of alcohol
    Another likely one is the dissection of a dicot stem.
    Respiration and photosynthesis a safe bet, sexual reproduction in flowering plants.

Chemistry Bleach titration but be care of the water titrations there are two and they could be up this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement