Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which sensor lights to put on gable of my house

Options
  • 17-04-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi,
    I want to put a sensor light on both gables of my house.
    I have got the best quote of 58 euro a for 500w steinel sensor light with the ball sensor.
    however i was also told i should get freeland ones as they are alot cheaper. I can get one for 20 euro and i am told there is no difference and that they dont give any trouble.
    Can i get some advice please, what do you guys suggest? financially its a no brainer but i want quality also.
    any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I prefere dusk to dawn lights. The sensor lights are a pain in the [EMAIL="a@se"]a@se[/EMAIL] coming on and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

steinal are an excellent fitting. i find when fitting them on a gable its best to fit a separate pir lower down with a more focused field, this helps prevent nuisence tripping. and if not included in the fitting, fit a photocell.
    the other option is a pir halogen and instead of putting a normal halogen lamp into the fitting fit a retrofit cfl replacement lamp. change the setting on the pir so it keeps the lamp on for a long time and that should not affect the life of the cfl which can be a problem when they are used with pirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

Thanks for the tips. This is a job I must do!

Advertisement