Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite justifications for eating junk.

Options
  • 17-04-2009 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Ok so we all (well most of us) indulge in junk food, crisps, chocolate etc from time to time but I love hearing the excuses that some of my girlfriends and I use to try to justify eating it and to make ourselves feel better about it.

Some examples:

- It doesn't count in someone elses house / didn't buy it yourself.
    - It doesn't count when you're on holidays.

But my favourite rationalisation by my friend when eating a mint Aero:

- sure it's mostly mint! :D

Anyone got any more excuses to take away the junk food guilt??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Three classics I use;

It's winter, and my body needs more calories to survive in this cold.

I have my period and will make up for it the rest of the month.

It's good for my mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

It's Friday! (had chips at lunch......)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I feel like it, d*mmit!!!

Boards made me do it

after reading this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm skinny enough, once won't hurt!

and

It's been a long day/week - I deserve a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

-I was in the gym today
    -Ill go for a walk later
    -I dont care
    -I have enough points (weightwatcher)
    -Ill only have abit (nom nom)
    -Its your fault for teasing me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That stress induced adrenaline will burn it off, much as it increases your blood pressure :D

When I am sick (as in sick nauseous/throwy uppy) I only eat food I really really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Its ok I broke the biscuit in half before I ate it so the calories escaped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Um... it tastes good and I want to? I don't find myself needing any other justification :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

Cadbury's Fruit & Nut bar instead of the milk chocolate one --> fruit + nuts = good for you :)

Dark chocolate has lots of antioxidants :)

The veg and tomato sauce on the pizza counts towards my 5-a-day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Ive been on a diet for what feels like forever so i really only eat junk on a friday after ive been weighed on a thurs. so my excuse is usually its a friday :P
    (i ate a whole (little!) easter egg this morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Generally, it's just "because I felt like it". :)

Others include "sure I'm going for a run later" (generally true, running 5 days a week at the moment), and "it's only a little one" - I've a bad habit of eating lots of different lower-calorie snacks rather than one big blowout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Because I fúcking well want to, no other reason needed.
    Hey I am well able to figure out why I want to comfort eat which is good but alittle of what you fancy does you good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Its ok I broke the biscuit in half before I ate it so the calories escaped
    :D:D Kudos

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

"I've read a chapter of that 6000- page- long college book, after my hard work I deserve to unwind for an hour with a coffee and some chocolate. Hey, might as well check my email and boards while I'm at it...":pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i have a theory that i have to eat chocolate/sweets that someone bought for me, as, well, it would just be plain rude not to do so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

cause i want to

*note i just ate four chocolate biccies*

i dont feel guilty for eating them either... shall have more later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

It's just after Easter, I need to eat all the chocolate now or it'll hang around for ages teasing me!

*wanders off to find the rest of the Galaxy Caramel*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

SALE! Can't pass up a SALE! Del Taco has "Taco Tuesday" with 3 for a dollar in California.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

"I've been in the gym a few days this week, I deserve it !" Is something I use when justifying eating a whole tub of ben and jerrys ice cream..big tub..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

Im upset/ in a bad mood/ had a crap day etc.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

It's Monday
    It's Tuesday
    It's Wednesday
    It's Thursday
    It's Friday
    It's the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I can't be left alone with chocolate or ice cream.

I ate an entire half a vanilla vienetta today. That's like, a whole half a foot of ice cream.

Yesterday I got one of those chocolating things from tesco-- ate half of that, too.

Easter day I ate an entire giant snickers egg plus the two bars, and the day after an entire giant maltesers egg and two packets of maltesers.

I can't control myself, if I know there's chocolate or ice cream in the house, I WILL eat it. So I generally don't keep it around, ever. This is the first time in aaaaaaaaages there's been chocolate or ice cream around. Normally I eat healthily (or at least, not chocolate!)

Stems from growing up one of those uberskinny kids who couldn't put on weight no matter how hard I tried, I remember being able to eat entire tubs of ice cream all to myself and never worry.. things have changed now and my metabolism is out to get me, and it's one heck of a hard habit to break! It's a wonder I'm not a tank... :(

My excuse is just "ah sure I'll go for a walk into town later, 30 minutes there and back, i'll be grand.."

..never usually end up going though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Its a wispa - you never know when they will take them away from us again, i should enjoy them while i still can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

SALE! Can't pass up a SALE! Del Taco has "Taco Tuesday" with 3 for a dollar in California.:cool:

:eek::eek::eek:

We have a winner!! Ultimate excuse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

But they grill the burger that is much better for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

liah wrote: »

Stems from growing up one of those uberskinny kids who couldn't put on weight no matter how hard I tried, I remember being able to eat entire tubs of ice cream all to myself and never worry.. things have changed now and my metabolism is out to get me, and it's one heck of a hard habit to break! It's a wonder I'm not a tank... :(

Tell me about it. I thought I escaped puberty relatively unscathed...but no, I'm actually putting on weight now when I eat crap. 'Tis sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I just had a baby, I deserve every little treat I get me! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

sam34 wrote: »
    i have a theory that i have to eat chocolate/sweets that someone bought for me, as, well, it would just be plain rude not to do so!

That would be rude. Its just good manners to eat the lot.

I have a 'reduced-fat Friday' rule. Everything on a Friday is reduced fat, so its reasonable to indulge.

Of course, the reduced fat rule applies to everything, whether reduced or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JessieJames

You ordered it not me :D

Advertisement