Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any cinema's in Dublin 2, 4 or 6?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

anyone know? I know theres one in O'Connell street but thats a bit too far away from me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

anyone know? I know theres one in O'Connell street but thats a bit too far away from me...
    Now that you point it out there actually arent any in those areas,.best bet is to get the luas to Dundrum if you live in d2, d6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

yeah it seems ridiculous doesn't it considering the amount of people that live in these areas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Is Screen Cinema still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

ceegee wrote: »

yep just googled it, screen in d'olier street, thanks for that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ceegee wrote: »
    Yes and the IFI is in Dublin 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

its unfortunate the luxurious stella is gone.It used to be very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

poisonated wrote: »
    its unfortunate the luxurious stella is gone.It used to be very handy

Well it's still there, but instead it's being used as an illegal rave hotspot, like last Thursday but it got shut down.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They're all gone - well the private ones any way - Classic, Stella, Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Well it's still there, but instead it's being used as an illegal rave hotspot, like last Thursday but it got shut down.:D

Helloo, what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

well if you're willing to go to dublin 2 it wouldnt be too hard to cross a bridge would it.although now that ya mention it its funny how the savoy and cineworld are within walkin distance but none on the southside.thats a good business opportunity for someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

df1985 wrote: »
    how the savoy and cineworld are within walkin distance but none on the southside.thats a good business opportunity for someone!
    Screen has been there for years but ive never been, never really looked the best to be honest considering Savoy and Cineworld are top notch. Cinemas nowadays follow suburban sprawl and are generally attached to shopping centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Great spot for one, being about 30 seconds away for the gardai station and all that. I suppose it's only a short for walk to the boyz who are in madisons.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I'm sure it's not what you're looking for, but there's a fantastic little private cinema on Denzille Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

CianRyan wrote: »
    Helloo, what?!
    Great spot for one, being about 30 seconds away for the gardai station and all that. I suppose it's only a short for walk to the boyz who are in madisons.:D

Yup Garda raided it, and as everyone was running out of it the Guards were bashing them with their batons.:pac: Supposely they were selling cans inside for €1.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There have been proposals for new cinemas in Rathmines on the Steella and Swan Centre sites, but no progress beyond planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yup Garda raided it, and as everyone was running out of it the Guards were bashing them with their batons.:pac: Supposely they were selling cans inside for €1.:eek:

Info on the next one going down, the gaurds are more than use to running into me at this stage. :rolleyes::P
    haha

Advertisement