Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance: Any tips people?

• 17-04-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Need to renew home insurance. anyone got any good deals lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

I found Jardine Lloyd Thompson to be the cheapest for mine, less than half what I was paying for same cover.
    www.jlt.ie

Also, check you are not over covered. Building costs are now a lot less than they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Remember too, that your site is yours. Even in the event of the worst possible scenario, the site will still be there once cleared. So, deduct the value of your site from the overall value you wish to cover yourself for.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I found www.123.ie to be the cheapest for my insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭dinneenp

+1 for 123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

123.ie are brokers, but +1 from me also.

Saved quite a bit with them. paying c. €40 pm (x10 months), including all risks and accidental damage.

Cheaper if you're paying the full premium as opposed to financing which is done through Close Premium Finance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭branners69

I was looking and found FBD to be the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Been with Jardine Lloyd Thompson JLT for years, so was my sister

We both left them this year..................... AA was cheaper
    Still insuring my car with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I've been looking about Home Insurance this couple of months, the funds just dont allow me to take out any just at the present moment in time though :( I started looking in January and the prices had shot up when i looked again in March and again 2 weeks ago although I'm after doing a quick quote with FBD and it doesnt seem too bad.

Anyone had any experience with Allianz?? My quote with them was great value but wondering if you had a claim would it be hard to get the money through?? I know you wouldnt have any bother with FBD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

BOI were doing a promotion whereby they would match a quote from anyone else. I got a quote from 111.123.ie printed it off and went into BOI and they knocked €20 off!! that was about two months ago so i dont know if they are still doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Thanks Viz

Rang all the companies above..and more, and BOI beat them all !! also you can spread the payment over 12 months for no extra charge. Also their excess is the cheapest on the market ( 100, most is 150 or 200). For anyone else..the deal is off but chance your arm ..thas what I did :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Hey guys,
    Thanks a million for all the replies. Have started getting quotes off all the above. Will let you know...

Advertisement