Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web development summer courses?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi i did a web development module in college and learnt the very basic ideas of drawing up a web page on paper first and then used frontpage(i know its a disgrace and not how web development should be thought so hold ur fire) to publish it. I was just wondering is there any good summer courses with an introduction to code? I want to learn how to build basic websites but eventually move on to more complicated ones. Is this possible without having to do a year course or plus? Any info on all web dev courses would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

You are best learning yourself online to be honest. Most courses probably teach you old way anyways. There are a lot of online resources. That's just my opinion though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Burklert

www.w3schools.com

and learn learn learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Doesn't seem to be much good out there, but am sure you can find something. Main thing to remember is you're just learning the very basics and to compliment your knowledge with good books that teach best practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 silurian1980

There's not a whole bunch of good web design courses in Dublin but I would recommend the IACT (www.iact.ie) Web Master Pro 1 course as a good introduction. It's a tad expensive but it would give you a diploma qualfication if you are serious about getting into it professionally.

I did the course myself but am mostly self taught. Good tutorial sites are nettuts.com, psdtuts.com, and I always check out noupe.com for web development links.

Advertisement