Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelling alcohol off your breath

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Gear9992 wrote: »
    Well my 17 old cousin going into an under 18s disco where the bouncers smelt his breath, could smell that he was drinking. He was drinking beer to the best of my knowledge so he was wondering if he would be caught if he drank vodka
    Just wondering, say if you were drinking vodka and diet coke for example, would it be easy for a sober person to notice that you have been drinking?

Also is chewing gum the best way to cover it up?

ps. this is coming from over 18 year old, so you don't have to worry about encouraging any "illegal activity"

Hmmmm......well vodka would be better than beer I'd say. As in, you can smell beer breath a foot away. But you'd have to get a bit more up close and personal to cop the vodka I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Just wondering, say if you were drinking vodka and diet coke for example, would it be easy for a sober person to notice that you have been drinking?

ps. this is coming from over 18 year old, so you don't have to worry about encouraging any "illegal activity"

Slighty off topic, but vodka was created to treat whiskey breath. Those crazy Russians. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Insurgent wrote: »
    If you want to know what your breath smells like lick your wrist, leave it for 30 seconds and smell it.

Eewww I just tried that and got a lovely mouthful of D&G light blue ... thanks :(

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Insurgent wrote: »
    If you want to know what your breath smells like lick your wrist, leave it for 30 seconds and smell it.

That's an urban myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well my 17 old cousin going into an under 18s disco where the bouncers smelt his breath, could smell that he was drinking. He was drinking beer to the best of my knowledge so he was wondering if he would be caught if he drank vodka

It's less than beer but you can still smell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

kelle wrote: »
    Sadly, it took me years, but I found out there's only one way to avoid the smell of alcohol from your breath - don't drink any!

Yeah, snorting is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

But you just said it was for your 17 year old cousin... so yea you kinda are encouraging it if you tell him what people have said here.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

just wanted to point out that following this advice has a good chance of killing you, and deodorants generally contain a fair amount of alcohol anyway! :confused:

Yeah maybe my post should have come with a "do not try this at home" warning! But hey, I came out of it ok! Apart from the twitches. *twitch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

someone farting in my mouth seems to do the trick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

you can definitely smell vodka off some-one's breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Ia this coming from that stupid anti drinking ad with the 9-year old saying "Everyone knows you cant smell it"(vodka)

Well if they cant smell the vodka coming out of your mouth...then the wobbly walking and fat bird your after trying to pull out of might indicate that you've been drinking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

DS wrote: »
    That's Hennigans, the no-smell, no-tell, scotch.

Bravo sir.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgXAt_gstcs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

jayteecork wrote: »
    That's an urban myth.

I wish I read that before I licked my wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

you not really over "18 year old"??? are you OP??? ide say mouthwash would cover it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,403 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh course, there many a girl on a night out where you can smell the alcohol from other body parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

yes mouthwash, washing your mouth out with 40% ethanol will get rid of the smell!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

When my friends and I used to go knacker drinking when we were 16 we used to spray deodorant into our mouths before our parents would pick us up :confused: Drastic times called for drunken measures!

Deodorant and alcohol....anyone got a match? :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Covering up the smell of alcohol is only half the battle. How do you cover up the fact your drunk as an ass an violently abusive to anyone within earshot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

It took you two months to come up with that?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Lick a sick dogs arse. In public. That should do the trick. No one will mention the smell of drink off you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Aisling_95

It definitely doesn't go away with chewing gum....my brother went to a teeny boppers disco one night, the next morning his room smelt like someone was holding a quarter bottle under your nose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

kelle wrote: »
    Sadly, it took me years, but I found out there's only one way to avoid the smell of alcohol from your breath - don't drink any!

It was only a matter of time before someone said that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Aisling_95 wrote: »
    It definitely doesn't go away with chewing gum....my brother went to a teeny boppers disco one night, the next morning his room smelt like someone was holding a quarter bottle under your nose
    it took you 3 years to come up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

it took you 3 years to come up with that?

Judging by the name she's still under-age.
    "My brother" indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

When my friends and I used to go knacker drinking when we were 16 we used to spray deodorant into our mouths before our parents would pick us up :confused: Drastic times called for drunken measures!

Let's hope none of you then lit a cigarette!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Musefan wrote: »
    Let's hope none of you then lit a cigarette!

No need to thank me, just doing my duty.

Advertisement