Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 13-15/11/2009 : Eirtakon 09 Volunteer Staff Sign up thread

Options
  • 17-04-2009 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Founded by Boards.ie members Art_Wolf and CuLT, EirtaKon is currently going into its fifth year and has experienced phenomenal growth throughout its life becoming Ireland's Largest Anime Event. Last years attendees smashed the previous years record with over 740 paying attendees present at the convention over the weekend. 2008 also brought the first industry guest, Vic Mignogna, to EirtaKon and he proved at hit with fans of all ages.

Hello all, cade here, Hopefuly some of you will remember me from the past Eirtakons. This year I shall once again be acting as Staff Manager. Last year was my first time acting as Staff Manager having been offered the position after Volunteer Staffing the preceeding two Convetions.

To ensure all Staff are Trained for the Convention I shall be E-mailing all Staff a Training Manual 1 month before the Convention. This manual contains all the information Staff will need to know, Pics of the Committee, Maps of the Venue, Guest info, etc, it also lists all the areas that need to be staffed during the Con and lists all the Tasks involved with each area in Bullet Point format. This manual will be printed out and given to all Staff on the morning of the con so staff can look up exactly what is required of them in the areas i'll be assigning them to should they not be able to remember after having read the Manual E-mailed to them.

I will also be holding a Pre-Con staff meeting the weekend before the Convetion to give staff a Tour of the venue so they can become familiar with the layout of the campus and the Location of rooms where events shall be taking place. I'll also be informing them of any new developments in the planning of the Con and any other Info that Staff will need to be privy too. It will also be a nice way to get to know your fellow staff members before the Convention begins. Snacks and Drinks will be provided during the meeting.

I would like to recruit at least 15 more staff members than what we had last year to ensure a more spread out work load.
    I will do my very best to Ensure all Staff can attend any of the events they wish to, within reason of course.

If you would like to help us at Eirtakon 09 on the 13th-15th November by being a Volunteer staff member then please sign up here.

There is absolutely no Reason to be nervous even if you've never Volunteered for something like this before. You will have guidance from people who have Staffed the Previous Eirtakons who are always friendly and willing to answer any questions you may have

There are a few requirements to be staff However.
    1) Staff need to be present for the duration of the weekend.
    (it's understandable that if you're not 18 you can't attend the Friday pub quiz, if you could however aid in the numerous other tasks needed to be done on Friday before the pub quiz starts it'd be appreciated)

2)Staff need to be present in the Convention Centre by 8:30am on Saturday and Sunday morning. (Breakfast will be provided at 8:30. We need staff in early as Attendees arrive early)

3)Staff need to be Sixteen years of Age or Over

If you've any other questions feel free to post them here or you can talk to me in the Eirtaku Chat room or even message me on MSN.

These are the Eirtaku Members who are on the Eirtakon Committee and with whom you'll be working.
    Hybridchild, Cy_Revenant, cade, AshwinK, MarkMI6, DrPepper, Lance-Kun, Zen_2nd, Butterscotch, Timeout, Carbonkid,

I've Sign up threads like this set up on numerous Anime Forums. Please sign up on one only.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Stickying this, the guys who run EirtaKon now are seasoned veterans, I'm proud to have helped something like this take off, but they're the driving force behind it :)

Best of luck with this year's event guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

i'd like to volunteer to help. ... i think this is the sign up place?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 treasar

I'd love to volunteer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Preethi

I would like to volunteer, where does one sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Correction to the Topic Title. Eirtakon is running from on the 13-15/11/2009. (I didn't make the topic title :p )
    davoxx wrote:
    i'd like to volunteer to help. ... i think this is the sign up place?

Indeed, once you've posted in this thread stating that you'd like to Volunteer then you have Signed up.

Will everyone who wants to Volunteer please Post in this thread as the 3 members above have done so but will you also please Private message me your

Real Name

It's just so that I can add you to my staff Emailing list for which i'll start Emailing staff in October.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Have PM'd you cade.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I'd like to volunteer, if that's cool with you. I'll PM you now...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

hiya. long time lurker first time poster as so many. i'd be up for volunteering as well. pm sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JesusJuice

morninwood wrote: »
    hiya. long time lurker first time poster as so many. i'd be up for volunteering as well. pm sent.

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Dongasaurus

Hi, I'd love to volunteer, sending PM now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Hi I'd like to announce that we recently filled our staff requirements for this years Eirtakon.

So Dongasaurus sorry I can't accept you as a staff.

However, every year we run into the situation where a number of people who have signed up fail to turn up on the day which leads to us being understaffed.

So to anyone who at this point still wishes to staff Eirtakon, Dongasaurus or others, I can add you to a secondary staff list and should some of our Primary staff not turn up then you could join the staff team. If however all staff do arrive then you would not be asked to join the staff team and would be required to pay in as an attendee.

Sorry, it sucks, but we have been recruiting for this event since Eirtakon 2008 ended.

Advertisement