Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0818 numbers

Options
  • 17-04-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭

Ok just looked at my O2 bill online and a few short calls I made to Sky yesterday (0818 numbers) cost just under 15 euro :O I always thought 0818 were charged at national rate..

Anyway I have O2's clear package which includes national rate calls at flat rate, just to make people aware, 0818 numbers are NOT included on this package!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

0818 number are national rate numbers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

whats considered a few short calls, whats the totoal time spent calling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

0818 are numbers charged at National rate but are not national rate numbers.

Sky gt a portion of the income that comes from these.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also O2 may charge extra as don't they always say, calls may cost more from mobile networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ando wrote: »
    Ok just looked at my O2 bill online and a few short calls I made to Sky yesterday (0818 numbers) cost just under 15 euro :O I always thought 0818 were charged at national rate..

Anyway I have O2's clear package which includes national rate calls at flat rate, just to make people aware, 0818 numbers are NOT included on this package!!!

Yes it's a pain but not only a problem with O2, as far as I know none of the other companies include calls to 1890, 1891, 0818, etc numbers in their pacakges.

You could always look on the saynoto1890.com website as they will have alternative numbers for most companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they are usually charged at national rates by many operators but others charge the rate for where the call originates so the sky number is a call to london and other numbers may well be to offices further away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

€15 @ 35c / min means you were on the phone for 42 mins with Sky !

The thread should really start off as "check the price of a service before you use it" though.

any time i have been on the phone with sky the call has lasted no more than 5 minutes and costs around €2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

nava wrote: »
    You could always look on the saynoto1890.com website as they will have alternative numbers for most companies.

Thanks!

padocon wrote: »
    Thanks!
    It doesn't have any alternative numbers for Sky but is a handy website in general. :)

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    It doesn't have any alternative numbers for Sky but is a handy website in general. :)

I got one off it for Sky Ireland.

True enough. Didn't show up on the first search ... I see it now though.

0818 719 852 - Call 01 2148333

My search brought up people asking and saying there was none. I clearly didn't look hard enough !

Random wrote: »
    True enough. Didn't show up on the first search ... I see it now though.

0818 719 852 - Call 01 2148333

My search brought up people asking and saying there was none. I clearly didn't look hard enough !

Lol. I got all the ones I wanted! Its so handy for me as I am on the eircom Tarf were you get unlimited local and national calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I just posted this over on other Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60141863&posted=1#post60141863

Random where did you find the rate of 35c / min - I cannot find any details of cost per min on SKY website ?

flippin SKY tech support + expensive 0818 calls

I tried to call 01 2148333 but only got through to a SKY answering machine.

I then dialled 0818 719 819 and spent over 30 mins on hold, until I had to leave and hang up ... will this cost me a fortune in phone charges!!

www.saynoto1890.com tells me I will

Typical that when you want to join or add a package you get through straight away, but look for some Tech support + they keep you on hold til you crack + hang up

edit to say: just found this info below on SKY website ....
    but what are Eircom network's national call rate ? is this the same as a call from my Eircom landline to another landline number?

http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/contactus

Call charges - Rep of Ireland
    0818 numbers are charged at your network's national call rate. Charges for calls from mobile phones may vary. Please note that calls may be monitored or recorded for training purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

rok wrote: »
    Random where did you find the rate of 35c / min - I cannot find any details of cost per min on SKY website ?

It's not sky who sets the price of the call charge it's the network:

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Price+plans/Pay+monthly/Other+call+charges
    Universal access 0818 35c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

In the UK now they have launched a block on numbers in the 03xx range. These are used for non-geographical numbers that can be included in inclusive call packages.

How long till Comreg catches on ?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    also perlico say they charge the rate applicable for where the call terminates so ringing sky on 0818 will be the same as a call to the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

BT is another crowd that do not include 0818 numbers as national calls...been stung very badly on this in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sea Lion

Thanks for your message re 0818 numbers. Sky like to make money, making people pay to contact them and hanging on the line. Robbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement