Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson k800i - vibration stopped

• 17-04-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced this? The vibration on my k800i just stopped working. Any ideas on how to get it back? Or is it screwed? The vibration functionality is turned on yet still doesn't work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Has anyone experienced this? The vibration on my k800i just stopped working. Any ideas on how to get it back? Or is it screwed? The vibration functionality is turned on yet still doesn't work
    Software reflash will sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Test that the vibration actually works via the service menu. You can get into the service menu by pressing the following keys:

> * < < * < *

This should help you see if it's a hardware of software fault I'd have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I don't know how but the vibration just started working again on Saturday.

Strange....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I don't know how but the vibration just started working again on Saturday.

Strange....

Sounds to me like water damage or some kind of damage anyway

Well its never got wet (that i know of) or been damaged. It stopped working about a month ago, and restarted at the weekend. I did nothing different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Well its never got wet (that i know of) or been damaged. It stopped working about a month ago, and restarted at the weekend. I did nothing different

Are you one of the many people that leave their phone turned on 24/7?

If so, did you reboot just before it started working again? I ask as I have found that if I leave my phone turned on for too long between reboots that it can have adverse affects on some of the phones functions. A quick reboot once a week can generally help avoid these weirdnesses.

I do have it on a good bit alright. I tried rebooting and it didn't start the vibrate working. A few days later, it just started again.

Advertisement