Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new cpu in xbox

Options
  • 17-04-2009 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wanted to check if anyone has any experience with xbox with changed cpu.

I know about DreamX, but they are rare as unicorns. I might have an access to BGA station and I'm thinking about putting 1ghz p3 cpu into my xbox.

I searched through scene and hacker but couldn't find enough information to satisfy me.

So anyone in IE has one? whats your experience with it? is it worth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

better off building a cheap pc and put the linux or windows version of xbmc on it tbh. Wouldnt be worth upgrading the xbox itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

xbox looks better ;)
    I've invested some cash into xbox already (x3 chip, x3 panel). It would be pity to see it going. And I'm a hobbyist as well. I like to mod things. Just can't imagine putting pc into the xbox case.

Advertisement