Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV power supply,

Options
  • 17-04-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Ive lost the plug that came with my TV while moving, can't find it, so I went into the philips store in Cork, for a new plug I nearly pissed myself when I got told for a new plug a €160 !!!! Now I understand that it's a transformer to either up scale / down scale the power but €160 is taking piss.

Long n short story is when can I get a plug to match

this TV: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/2/20pf7835_12/20pf7835_12_pss_eng.pdf

and this power :

Power
    • Mains power: AC 90V - 240V 50/60 Hz

and looks like this :

4551_13.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

What's the output voltage and current. If you know that you should have no problem picking one up because that looks like a standard 2.1mm jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 djyay

Basically go to maplin electronics in town.Multiply your output voltage by output current to get your Watt value.go in to maplin and ask for a transformer based on this Watt value.obviously you need to bring that jack with you to show to them.they usually sell small transformers with a range of jacks supplied with them.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You might be able to buy a generic one in component sellers too, like donberg.ie

Advertisement