Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can i buy caffeine pills

• 17-04-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

I'm studying for exams and i find caffeine really helps. However coffee makes my urine smell strange and i'd generally like to avoid all the plant crap that's in it.

Energy drinks are expensive and either contain huge amounts of sugar, or aspartame so i wanna avoid them aswell.

So basically, i want pure caffeine, or close enough to it.Are any products like this available?

If so, where can i buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Myprotein.co.uk do caffeine powder and tablets:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/health-and-wellness/caffeine/
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/capsules-tablets-softgels/weight-loss/caffeine-pro/

In most chemists you can get guarana capsules which have a good bit of caffene in them. If you order off myprotein you can use my code MP101038 if ya want and you get 5% off or something.

I got the guarana tablets cause I've exams coming up as well, havn't really tried them properly yet though. I love coffee anyway though so I drink loads of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Most chemist stock them. They often have names like No-doze or things like that. Just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

100g of pure caffeine :eek::eek::eek:!

for £3.29! That's insanely cool, but i don't have a scales capable of weighing out milligrams. It looks like something i should seriously consider in the future though.

The capsules are 200mg, a bit too much for me.

I bought some energy plus in boots. 50mg per pill. 24 for €2.99.

I can't believe i never did this before. I'm gonna try and convert all the coffee heads in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

vinylmesh wrote: »

I bought some energy plus in boots. 50mg per pill. 24 for €2.99.

That sounds good, might chance them myself. How does that compare to a strong cup of coffee do you know? A can of red bull has about 75 mg right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

1 won't do much. 2 is a good amount (they reccomend 1 or 2).

3 if you really want to feel it (this is the same as a can of rockstar or a bottle of boost). I wouldn't go past 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

I took a supplement last year when I was studying - Co-Q-10 and found them wonderful for getting energy and keeping stress levels down. Caffeine plays havoc on my nervous system!! you can get them in boots, but you will pay a higher price for the good quality ones. Worth it though!

Advertisement