Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English theory

Options
  • 17-04-2009 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

http://www.proto-english.org/index.html

appearently written by someone with a phd - i extremely doubt this is true or its not a real phd

thoughts?

I also wasnt aware that '' Brythonic includes in this text all sublanguages or dialects like Goidelic and Gaelic and continental Brythonic''

that a - doesnt make sense - as gaelic is within goidelic
    and b - two different sub groups within celtic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭MarchDub

http://www.proto-english.org/index.html

appearently written by someone with a phd - i extremely doubt this is true or its not a real phd

thoughts?

I also wasnt aware that '' Brythonic includes in this text all sublanguages or dialects like Goidelic and Gaelic and continental Brythonic''

that a - doesnt make sense - as gaelic is within goidelic
    and b - two different sub groups within celtic

FYI Simon James is a controversial figure within his area of study. He has been called out on more than one occasion by Irish archaeologists for his outlandish and wrong headed pronouncements on archaeological finds re Iron Age Ireland [something he was never directly involved in]- so I would take anything coming from him with the proverbial grain of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

ye i know

does he actually have a phd or any qualifications tho? if so from where?
    it was one of the stupidiest websites i have seen that paraded as if it was proven and true

Advertisement