Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are you guys getting on?.. how much have u done so far?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hay! i was wonderin am i the only one who still have loads of stuff to cover?? i've still got to learn essays for english, 4-5 math capters left and a few chapters of physics and half of chemistry and bio left LOL :D...

how are you guys getting on?:p

take care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I haven't done anything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭craxsham

how many points do u need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BertrandMeyer

I've got lots of history done.
    Stuck on English poetry though - I don't know how I'm going to learn all that. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Cant't start history revision - just too much. Freaking out slightly.

English Poetry - still have to do Longley and Montague.

Economics - Sound.

Business - Sound.

Maths - Sound enough. Ordinary level is piss if you do some work I have realised.

French - Sound. Love it.

Irish - F**k off.

Did a good bit for the second week of Easter but still a lot to do. Going to push myself really hard for the next three weeks so it doesn't pile up for the last three. Library every day after school one hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

i have a bit of history done... economics, i have 2 chapters done and thats it! where did the 2 weeks go!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Maths - I've been doing grinds throughout the year it seems like it'll be fine .Sure itcan;t be harder than that mock paper :P
    English-Haven't studied anything formally yet but I did a few essays of easter ,just need to learn quotes etc.
    Physics-Virtually the only thing i've been paying attention to ,I just need to go over electricity and particle physics sorted.
    French-I've just been doing reaction questions lately but more work need .Quel Dommage .
    Irish-I'm doing lower level and I'm sure I'll get a B1 atleast -no work done and little is to be done.
    Classics-I did fairly intensive grinds in the institute during easter,and i've been doing exam questions also .I do not know the aneid at all though .So I dunno :S
    Geography-Weird subject ,I don't know what to expect and I've done no study for it yet .

I got 420 in the mocks ,I just another 80
    I'm taking this whole thing very relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

meathawk wrote: »
    it can't be harder than that mock paper
    .......Haven't studied anything ......Virtually the only thing i've been paying attention to .....more work need ......no work done and little is to be done.
    ........I do not know the aneid at all ......I've done no study for it yet .

I got 420 in the mocks

:D isn't 420 6 honours? brains to burn i'd say;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I need 460+, got 480 in the mocks with just cramming(in fairness though, everyone had a good enough idea what was coming up in a lot of things, last minute handouts are a dead giveaway!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

K4t wrote: »
    English Poetry - still have to do Longley and Montague.

Economics - Sound.

Business - Sound.

Maths - Sound enough. Ordinary level is piss if you do some work I have realised.

French - Sound. Love it.

Irish - F**k off.

Did a good bit for the second week of Easter but still a lot to do. Going to push myself really hard for the next three weeks so it doesn't pile up for the last three. Library every day after school one hopes.

Bar English, I'm the exact same. (and i don't do history).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

i dunno what to do, i cant seem to start studyin, i dont ven do homework in metal, constuction, english!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

i didnt bring home me bag for easter!!!!! but sure plenty of time left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Throughout the year I kept on sayin' that I'd start seriously next week. . . . But I never really got 100% into it.Still,I got a fair bit done in the past few weeks
    So far,it's

Chem:Chaps 1-13 done in Chem Live

Hist: Political sections done Ireland 1870-1914 and 1912-1949.Fair idea of dictatorsip +Democracy.

Maths:I have an all-right grasp of the exam-papers. . . At this point I reckon I could pull a B3,but I'll want to pull that up to a B1 for the real thing.

Irish:Just keepin' the pros and poems tickin' over. . . Haven't even looked at SnaG yet.

Italian:Bibety-Boopy!

Music:Sure don't i have half of the exam done.Revising set works at the mo.

Eng:Must start soon

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭php-fox

God, this brings back bad memories. Did my leaving 2 year ago. Got 490 points. Very glad it's over.
    Work hard guys, it'll pay back well.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

did it two years as well, once ya start the first exam it will fly in, dont worry guys youll all be fine, got 585 btw

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I need about 430 and I got 465 in the mocks so things are okay.

Maths - Bit of a problem at the moment, and I need a C3. Been doing grinds.
    English - Haven't started studying yet but I'm fairly strong here, got an A in mocks.
    Irish - Going okay, haven't started studying yet but I'm optimistic enough. Doing honours and got a C in mock.
    French - Same as Irish really, just plodding along, C would be okay.
    Physics - I've been working hard at this, I underperformed at the mocks but I'm feeling a bit better about it after these 2 weeks.
    Business - Grand, not planning on studying anymore.
    Economics - Grand, not planning on studying anymore.

All in all I'm happy enough. I'm doing all honours so 430 is a handy enough target. Need to work at the Maths a bit more to improve on my abysmal mock result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

(woops wrong thread) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

This thread makes me want to curl up in bed and sleep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blondiegirl2009

Hey.. here's the story with me: I haven't a clue what I want to do in college next year and I CANNOT study until the last minute, like about 2 or 3 wks before exam. Did good for JC (5A's 5B's) but the LC is a completely different ball game. DID NOTHING OVER EASTER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hey.. here's the story with me: I haven't a clue what I want to do in college next year and I CANNOT study until the last minute, like about 2 or 3 wks before exam. Did good for JC (5A's 5B's) but the LC is a completely different ball game. DID NOTHING OVER EASTER
    You won't be doing ANYTHING if you don't STUDY :pac:

I'm in the same boat as you. Just make yourself study. Pick something you enjoy and get stuck into it. Don't stop doing exam questions until you drop. Aight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Hey.. here's the story with me: and I CANNOT study until the last minute, like about 2 or 3 wks before exam. Did good for JC (5A's 5B's) but the LC is a completely different ball game. DID NOTHING OVER EASTER
    +1....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 benjyboo

Same here... I just kept saying to myself 'sure we've a few months left i'll be well able to get stuck into it soon,plenty of time like'... but now we're down to the last six weeks and i'm seriously breaking out in sweats just thinking about it...:eek::eek:

Has anyone stopped themselves from going out/drinking at this stage for the sake of study?...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Learn essays?

I have to do basically the entire chemistry course, I don't need to revise much else. Actually I'd better go over my prós

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm in way over my head here! I still haven't started studying yet. I have to do all my easter homework today and tomorrow :mad: that includes 3 fecking english essays. aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, I think I might be begining to panic now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

regob wrote: »
    did it two years as well, once ya start the first exam it will fly in, dont worry guys youll all be fine, got 585 btw

Sorry how much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

i've done sweet **** all tbh.

what i've done

Chemistry - chapters - 1,2,3,4
    Physics - chapters - 1,2,3,4
    Biology - chapters - none
    French - a bit.
    Maths - fairly sorted.
    English - nothing
    Irish - a bit.

think it's time to **** myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I done fecking loads.:eek:

English - Just done a comparative essay we had for homework, have notes on everything I need
    Maths - 10 or so past paper questions
    Irish - Notes on all the poems and pros
    French - Didn't need to do anything
    Physics - Wrote out notes on every chapter, wrote out all 25 experiments
    Business - Wrote out notes on every chapter
    Geography - Wrote out notes on every chapter

Max. time I spent in one day studying was 4 hours, average was about 3 hours.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

benjyboo wrote: »
    Same here... I just kept saying to myself 'sure we've a few months left i'll be well able to get stuck into it soon,plenty of time like'... but now we're down to the last six weeks and i'm seriously breaking out in sweats just thinking about it...:eek::eek:

Has anyone stopped themselves from going out/drinking at this stage for the sake of study?...

god no theres always time for beer!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

whos gona fail maths??????????

i no i am anyway!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Dking

join da club havnt done anything and done crap in the mock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

benjyboo wrote: »

Stopped drinking as of last night / this morning until 15th June. :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dking wrote: »
    join da club havnt done anything and done crap in the mock

x2 mate.

Missed a month of school though just before easter :mad:

Advertisement