Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Jame's Park - Newcastle

• 17-04-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

So I was at the Newcastle Vs Chelsea match a few weekends ago. Didnt want to bring the 450D as i was afraid it would be damaged after a few beers, in fact i only brought the P&S at the last min.
    When looking through the pictures yesterday i realised that these two pictures were pretty close, so decided to try stitch them - for some reason the photomerge wouldnt work. So i went at it by rotating and warping the image and eventually i got them to meet neatly. Was a bit of a pain. Then went and tried to fill in the blown out areas to make it more realistic.
    So how do you think i did?? I kow there's a few places where its not the best ;)

St. James Park, Newcastle - from the Milburn Stand
    3450764116_83381b4fca_b.jpg

Left
    3449946591_4130ac198c.jpg?v=0

Right
    3449947049_034cebcca0.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

would have been more authentic with a few blubbing Geordies :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

I hadnt actually intended on making the pano, just thought it might be possible when i seen the two pics. I would have take 3 or 4 if I set out to make a pano.
    And if I had intended I wouldnt have wanted to be standing in everyones way during the game - after all it was Shearer's 1st game in charge! ;)
    Would have been a better pic with the ground full to capacity!! Ah well, i'll know for next time! If there's a next time, lol, Liverpool man myself, was over with my mate who's a Chelsea man - yeah I've received the slaggin's for during the week :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Very very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Cheers!
    Think it would have been easier and looked better if i had taken a 3rd picutre of the centre cirlce!
    But im reasonable happy considering it did everything manually!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

From a technical point of a view I think it's very good. I'd perhaps put a bit more blue and a bit less cloud in the sky, especially at the horizon, might look a little more authentic that way. Otherwise it's excellent.

From a personal point of view, I hate it. Though mainly cos I'm from Sunderland and hate the dirty mags and their filthy Meccano stadium. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Very good, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

I love it, well done.

Advertisement