Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth character adjectives!

Options
  • 17-04-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Right I was thinking get a list of adjectives for the characters in Macbeth and a quote to back it up just to get different viewpoints across so everyone can get a few ideas for june.I'l get the ball rolling.

"The weird sisters"-mendacious,deceitful-"palter us with a double sense"

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Macbeth: Ambitious - "Vaulting ambition". Valiant - "Bellona's bridegroom"

Lady Macbeth: Cunning - "Look like the innocent flower...", Tormented - "All the perfumes of Arabia..."

Duncan: Weak - "There's no art to find the mind's construction...", Innocent - "Clear in his great office"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Deadly idea, I always find myself searching for words that I know I know, but I use so rarely I can't think of them!

Some of the adjectives may contradict eachother, but you can always say "and he moves from being X to being Y"

Macbeth
    ambitious
    ruthless
    moral (at the beginning, at least!)
    loyal (again, beginning)
    treacherous
    gullible (witches' prophesies)
    regretful

Lady Macbeth
    cunning
    ruthless
    tortured