Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have 1400 MS points....

• 17-04-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

And am looking for some ideas on what to spend them on. I've already bought "The Pitt". I don't really play GOW2 that much these days, so I probably won't get the snowblind pack. Any good arcade games. I was thinking either Texas Hold'em or The Maw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Texas holdem is great for when your too drunk to play normal games and you like slagging the yanks over the headset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Supposedly Castle Crashers is a great game and funny but I didnt like it. Try the demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought The Maw was a nice little game and an easy 230 points (the extra 30 from 2 x 100pt "lost levels").

N+ is good fun. You might've played the original on the PC. Also, Braid is good - not sure what price it is though.

Download a few demos and see what you fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Banjo-Kazooie is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Get Braid-Get Braid-Get Braid-Get Braid-Get Braid-Get Braid.............

Seriously, get Braid.

Or Geometry Wars2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Dont get Texas Hold em..Why get it sure when you can play online for free or better yet play for real online..I have it for xbox live and i think games are played loosly..ie you will have a load of loose cannons going all in right away.Just play online if you want to play poker.

Small arms is 400 ms points and is a great fighter game similar to super smash brothers

Bomberman is always a no brainer for 800 ms points..Great party game if you have 4 pads and a few friends.

Castle crashers is a good enough game..Youl get around 8 hours play time out of the campaign but thats it im afraid.The campaign is great with its little qwerks however at the massive price point of 1200 ms points and multiplayer games being brief and boring,theres not much to be desired after you complete the game.

3 on 3 NHL arcade is a good enough party game if you dont have any hockey games.Its a pick up and play game cost 800 ms points.Play it in short bursts to get the most out of it as it get teadious after a while.

Goemetry wars 2 is one of the all time great games on xbla.get it at all costs for a mere 800ms points :)

n+ is a surprise hit.Good fun in multiplayer and the campaign puzzles boggle the mind when they get really difficult.The first achievement i got was die 1000 times.Its well worth the 800 ms points

Marble blast at 400 ms points is a good buget game.Its best played if you have a friend with the game as well.Its good ole fun to compete on time trials against him.

GET CARCASSONNE! Of all my games this is my favourite.The funny thing is that i got it for free a year back. Its a board game that is kinda hard to explain but very addictive.Unlike most theres still an online community for that game years after it was released on xbla.

These are all the games id advise giving the demo a go at the very least and make up your own mind to which game you like most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

mythic map pack for halo 3 =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I think Carcassone is free, and so is a Doritos game on the arcade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Peggle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

duploelabs wrote: »
    Peggle!

+1

Extremely addicting

Swizz wrote: »
    I think Carcassone is free, and so is a Doritos game on the arcade.
    already played that Doritos game.

I tried braid before, didn't really like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

LD 50 wrote: »
    ...I've already bought "The Pitt"...

Shouldnt the next fallout DLC be released soon? Should be worth the money.

Yea. But that's another few weeks away, unfortunatly. I'll be getting it anyways though.

Ugh, Dash of Destruction (the Doritos game) is not a very good game. Easiest 200g you will ever get though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ugh, Dash of Destruction (the Doritos game) is not a very good game. Easiest 200g you will ever get though.
    The last 10g is rock hard! It involves going somewhere and parting with money for a second controller ;)

Haha, not unless you happen to have another one :)

Advertisement