Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earthing Copper tamk and pipes?

Options
  • 17-04-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I've taken a 10 square earth to the copper cylinder, and from there the plumber has left the tank with plastic pipes but has then joined into them with copper pipes downstairs. Would these pipes downstairs need to be earthed from the 10 square also?

Cheers for any advise!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

if the upstairs is all plastic and downstairs copper i usually main-bond the downstairs copper at one location if possible .if the hot press is plastic and bits of copper all you're doing with the 10sq is earthing the cylinder really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fluke-it

yeah that would do. Could I loop this earth from the earth at the earth rod? Or would this be unacceptable?

no they're separate:earthrod and bonding.a 10sq from the m.e.t. or loop from the hotpress to the downstairs copper.have you any 2.5 earths to downstairs bathrooms?these and the kitchen sink would be important

no, I have 10 square at the hot press at present, I would need to loop that to downstairs copper, will that not cover the bathrooms? Do all batrooms need to be earthed at sinks etc with 2.5? even the upstairs?

No i just thought you might have them in.you dont normally need them
    As the pipework is already main bonded
    Just local bonding for copper nothing for plastic pipework

• Advertisement

ok, Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement