Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to clane.

Options
  • 17-04-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I have to head up to the city centre for a little party and I'll be heading out after.
    I'm just wondering what would be the best way to get back to clane, would a taxi cost a lot?
    I'll be traving on a Friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Could you not stay over,taxi can be very expensive.Anything from 60euro up.I got a taxi from City to Celbridge one night and that cost 50euro,so Clane would be more I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Staying isnt really an option I'm afraid. Their be about 3 of us so can kind of spread the cost.
    Just want to get a rough idea of the cost of it thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

If there is a few of you it should be ok.Make sure you sort out price before you get in taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Middle of the night, it can be 70-80. So, better if there's a few of you.

You could get the nightlink to celbridge or maynooth and cab from there.

Bus Eireann also do a night-rider service. Check their website for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Dublin City to Maynooth is ~45 - probably add 15 to Clane. There's no negotiating anymore in a taxi- it's all on the meter no matter how far it is. Taxis can refuse to take you if it's outside 25k from the GPO but they have to use the meter if they do take you. In my experience no taxi will refuse - it's handy money for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Macros42 wrote: »
    Dublin City to Maynooth is ~45 - probably add 15 to Clane. There's no negotiating anymore in a taxi- it's all on the meter no matter how far it is. Taxis can refuse to take you if it's outside 25k from the GPO but they have to use the meter if they do take you. In my experience no taxi will refuse - it's handy money for them.

Taxi shouldn't cost more than 55 make sure they don't go the scenic route! cheaper option is the nitelink and other bus that goes to maynooth & enfield - but both are a long journey - clane last stop

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Thanks for all the help. Might try the 67n and get a taxi for celbridge might work out a bit cheaper. pity it goes at 2!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Get the nitelink to maynooth and then get a taxi. It might be a bit of a trek but i think you'll find it tough to get a taxi to clane, i've had a fair few grumble about going to maynooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

@lordgoat - I've had no problem getting one to Maynooth from Dublin CC and from Terenure. Only 1 driver has ever turned me down - and tbh I was glad, he looked and sounded like a junkie. Every other driver I've asked has been delighted to take me to Maynooth.

A mate who's a taxi driver explained the reasoning about it. Dublin to Maynooth is a 1 hour round trip - ~€45 for the journey assuming no pickup on the way back to Dublin. With the number of taxis around at the moment making €30/hr is his target at the weekends - less midweek. Anything over €30/hour is a bonus. So 45 for a 1 hour trip is great for his average pay at any time of the week. Hence no taxi driver in his right mind refusing you.

Advertisement