Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civony??

• 17-04-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭

hi,

I've seen the online game Civony advertised on a few sites.
    I'm not to familiar with these sites and games?
    are they safe , ie no spyware or virus etc.?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

yeah i see this advertised everywhere, with a picture of a woman with her tits nearly hanging out. Not sure if its for reals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Spunge wrote: »
    .... a picture of a woman with her tits nearly hanging out....

exactly what drew my attention :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marcus Suridius

hi,

I've seen the online game Civony advertised on a few sites.
    I'm not to familiar with these sites and games?
    are they safe , ie no spyware or virus etc.?

cheers.

Haha yeah i just started on that game a few days ago...but there are issues...like the system forgetting my username....which is really annoying....but it does look like a decent game.

Dont worry about any spyware....most online games are fine...good way to judge is see if you can see how many people are on it..if loads then its fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

is it another type of Travian game?
    if so i am on 2 servers already and don't need another game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

superfly wrote: »
    is it another type of Travian game?
    if so i am on 2 servers already and don't need another game :)
    Yeah it is effectively Travian, with graphics ripped off from Microsoft.

UMGE who are the crowd who run it are a spin off of wowmine, who are apparently a very dodgy crowd who farm and sell gold in WOW.

It's a nice get rich off dumb kids game, in that the in-game currency is ludicrously expensive (1:10 ratio with real dollars iirc), it has supposedly come out of beta twice although there are still more fairly significant reproducible bugs than you can count on one hand, and is full of lag, despite the developers' claim about a week ago that they had secured magical new 16-core servers...although the model that they claim to have isn't supposed to be available until Q3 this year.

They also changed rules on how various items required for advancement are obtained, and how prestige (ranking) is obtained, making it impossible for any new players to ever get close to people who were playing before the rule change.

The also stole the image of the girl with the nice funbags from a costume website.

All that aside, the game is quite a lot of fun if you are in an active alliance, and you don't HAVE to spend money. The in-game clan chat system is great, and if you survive the first few weeks (massively helped by being in an active alliance and playing smart) its a lot of fun building zerg armies to bumrush established players and generally run around kicking doors down :D

Edit: Just wanted to add that anyone who spends money on this game is asking for grief.

• Advertisement
Advertisement