Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIB Transactions sooo slow :(

• 17-04-2009 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Is it just me who gets slaughtered by really slow services from AIB bank ?!

I have transactions that have taken over a week to come through and so leave me stuck for cash all the time!

As well, I'm having trouble transferiing money between accounts, it keeps saying 'insufficient funds' when i have more than enough, but i think it knows there are transactions that havent come through yet and wants to make sure i don't over draft :(

Is BOI like this too or should I switch?! ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm not really having this problem.

- Transfers from other AIB accounts are instant.
    - Transfers between my AIB accounts are instant.
    - Transfers to / from non-AIB Irish accounts take the standed couple of days.
    - Laser transactions have the usual delay.
    - AIB transactions show up right away.
    - Foreign ATM transactions take a couple of days.

What's different?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 hollyeef

My laser transactions are taking up to a week as standard,
    My personal accounts - savings account and current acount refuse to transfer at all the the min
    & i regularly can't take out money even though there is a cash balance on screen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 red-demon

I transfered into a BOI account last week and it took 4 working days, just transfered into another AIB account there and it went straight in.

I would suggest contacting your bank about not being able to take out money. Are you looking at the balance on the summary screen (this being the most up to date) or at the bottom of the transactions page?

As for the savings / current transfer issue - are they online savings accounts? You can only move a certain amount on these accounts a month (I think it's a grand but I'm open to correction).

• Registered Users Posts: 48 hollyeef

I didnt know about the monthly maximum, but I dont think it would have been that much money...

If I am at an ATM it will say I have (eg) e100 but will not let me take anything out, but I know what you mean with the balances when you log in online.

• Advertisement

Your bank are really the best people to advise you in relaton to problems taking money out of your account when you are sure you have money in it. Next time you have an issue ring them up and query it with them giving them the account you used, ATM you used and approx time. I'm sure they'll be able to provide some sort of explanation.

I find ringing my branch the best. The number on the back of the card and telephone banking don't seem to have the interest / information available to them to answer some of these types of questions.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

OP, is it possible that the balance that you see includes cheques which may not have cleared yet?

Toots85 wrote: »
    OP, is it possible that the balance that you see includes cheques which may not have cleared yet?
    In my experience with AIB the balance on the summary screen is your available balance and the one on the transactions screen includes things like uncleared cheques etc.

I'd have thought this wouldn't be the issue (based on my account and experiences).

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭scanlanavia

hollyeef wrote: »
    Is it just me who gets slaughtered by really slow services from AIB bank ?!

I have transactions that have taken over a week to come through and so leave me stuck for cash all the time!

As well, I'm having trouble transferiing money between accounts, it keeps saying 'insufficient funds' when i have more than enough, but i think it knows there are transactions that havent come through yet and wants to make sure i don't over draft :(

Is BOI like this too or should I switch?! ...

hi Back to the Future and this is 2016.
    a withdrawal o cash from AIB machine on Jan 1st didn't clear on my BOI Account until 8th Jan
    AIB still at their old tricks earning interest off BOI customers. I've raised it with an Ombudsman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

hi Back to the Future and this is 2016.
    a withdrawal o cash from AIB machine on Jan 1st didn't clear on my BOI Account until 8th Jan
    AIB still at their old tricks earning interest off BOI customers. I've raised it with an Ombudsman

They have 6 months to clear the transaction. You'll never hear it but the Ombudsman will laugh at your complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭scanlanavia

They have 6 months to clear the transaction. You'll never hear it but the Ombudsman will laugh at your complaint.

are you serious? ...it's not a cheque. ...
    last week I took out £100 in UK and transaction appears and cleared following day on my BOI account. ..
    now surely within Ireland AIB can comply accordingly at the very least.... it's happened me more than once that basic atm withdrawals are delayed like this... and no excuses...
    BOI were unhelpful. .. waved their hands in the air blaming AIB. nothing BOI could do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

are you serious? ...it's not a cheque. ...
    last week I took out £100 in UK and transaction appears and cleared following day on my BOI account. ..
    now surely within Ireland AIB can comply accordingly at the very least.... it's happened me moths once that basic atm withdrawals are delayed like this... and no excuses...
    BOI were unhelpful. .. waved their hands in the air blaming AIB. nothing BOI could do...

Point of Sale transactions (including ATM withdrawals) can be redeemed for up to 6 months. It's perfectly normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

7 yr old thread that wasn't in need of resurrection

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement