Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy Racers in Celbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

School runners and business men and L drivers dont do 'Wheelies' at public cross-roads, or rev up their cars and then take off as if they were doing rallycross, or try to pass you on narrow country roads where it is obviously dangerous to do so, or handbrake turn around corners at cross roads......need I go on????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

So for example all the cars that overtake me on the road between celbridge and lucan where the limit is 60kph are realy boyracers in disguise ?

'Wheelies' :confused: only bikers can do them or insanely powerfull drag cars

Only last week i was nearly run off the road by a woman overtakeing me on a solid white line comeing up to a blind corner[compleate with small child standing on the back seat :rolleyes:]

My point is every driver is guilty of being stupid/reckless,dont genralise ;)
    I have driven moded cars for over 12 years
    and im sick of people saying im a boy racer just cause i have a nice car with a loud exhaust.
    When im not in my moded car and im driveing the octavia or altea would you still call me a boy racer ? even tho i drive the same ?

To me a boy racer is someone who has a car that looks like they sprayed glue on there car and drove thro halfords.
    the cars also tent to be underpowered and the only resion they do things to them is to impress the oposit sex or there mates.most of there mods arnt declared to the inshurance companys and they tend to be on there parants policey

A car enthusiast like me tho take care of there car,do mods that improve the car in some way [mostly power and handleing for me] declare all there mods and keep there car taxed and NCTed

I hate comeing home late at night over the speed bumps as i make more noise then i would if they wernt there or were smaller.
    The speed bumps up at gleneaston in leixlip are perfect you go to fast and u get a bad bump but stay under the limit and you dont feel them at all.the 1s round celbridge i nearly have to stop to drive over

I would rather spend money on my car the piss it away on drink or shoot it up useing drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Stealthirl wrote: »
    So for example all the cars that overtake me on the road between celbridge and lucan where the limit is 60kph are realy boyracers in disguise ?

'Wheelies' :confused: only bikers can do them or insanely powerfull drag cars

Only last week i was nearly run off the road by a woman overtakeing me on a solid white line comeing up to a blind corner[compleate with small child standing on the back seat :rolleyes:]

My point is every driver is guilty of being stupid/reckless,dont genralise ;)
    I have driven moded cars for over 12 years
    and im sick of people saying im a boy racer just cause i have a nice car with a loud exhaust.
    When im not in my moded car and im driveing the octavia or altea would you still call me a boy racer ? even tho i drive the same ?

To me a boy racer is someone who has a car that looks like they sprayed glue on there car and drove thro halfords.
    the cars also tent to be underpowered and the only resion they do things to them is to impress the oposit sex or there mates.most of there mods arnt declared to the inshurance companys and they tend to be on there parants policey

A car enthusiast like me tho take care of there car,do mods that improve the car in some way [mostly power and handleing for me] declare all there mods and keep there car taxed and NCTed

I hate comeing home late at night over the speed bumps as i make more noise then i would if they wernt there or were smaller.
    The speed bumps up at gleneaston in leixlip are perfect you go to fast and u get a bad bump but stay under the limit and you dont feel them at all.the 1s round celbridge i nearly have to stop to drive over

I would rather spend money on my car the piss it away on drink or shoot it up useing drugs.

I agree with what you are saying, but for you to suggest that there is not a social problem where lads with modified cars gather would be just untrue. You know probably more than others that there are a large bunch of ejits out there with very load exhausts causing a big problem with there reckless driving in built up areas. My grandmother has a terrible problem with it every night with high powered cars hand breaking around the car park beside her house. Till 1 am. It not on and they have been prosecuted over it.

As regards other groups like SUV drivers and Bikes. They have the sence not to drive like bannanas in 50KPH zones and out of sight(usually) . The same can not be said for the boy racer brigade . They seem to ask for the stigma that follows them, which is reflected in their insurance premiums as a high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I race civics on the ardclough road.
    Good man,the medal is in the post :cool:.
    Did you win?
    Civics aren't quick you know,down to the aerodynamics,proven in the US in 1996.
    The Glanzas are your only man :pac:,AKA Starlets.
    Eitherway we can all talk ****e,some more than others,but i like your approach :cool:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Stealthirl wrote: »
    im sick of people saying im a boy racer just cause i have a nice car with a loud exhaust.

'Nice' being a subjective term there. What do you need a loud exhaust for exactly apart from screaming 'look at me!!'???

The majority of these 'car enthusiasts' from personal experience in the Newbridge area for example are boy racers/wasters who are a danger on the roads and it seems by their reckless driving behaviour and antics above the law.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

panama wrote: »
    'Nice' being a subjective term there. What do you need a loud exhaust for exactly apart from screaming 'look at me!!'???
    Because car enthusiasts build their cars to a performance level fit for the car. You might want to watch Top Gear every now and then, because you simply don't understand, therefore answering your question most likely will go over your head. if you're genuine, I propose you take that question here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47
    The majority of these 'car enthusiasts' from personal experience in the Newbridge area for example are boy racers/wasters who are a danger on the roads and it seems by their reckless driving behaviour and antics above the law.
    So you are now saying that all car enthusiasts are ''boy racers/wasters''? that is a very stereotypically juvenile accusation, and pathetic. But lets bear in mind here.. it is Newbridge you are talking about after all :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

ChewChew wrote: »
    Because car enthusiasts build their cars to a performance level fit for the car. You might want to watch Top Gear every now and then, because you simply don't understand, therefore answering your question most likely will go over your head. if you're genuine, I propose you take that question here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

So you are now saying that all car enthusiasts are ''boy racers/wasters''? that is a very stereotypically juvenile accusation, and pathetic. But lets bear in mind here.. it is Newbridge you are talking about after all :rolleyes:

No it's just attention seeking. Using 'Top Gear' as a reference to anything
    is a bit ridiculous.

No I didn't say all, I said the 'majority' and from 'personal experience' if you care to read my post properly. And as regards your last line if that is intended as some kind of juvenile dig, I couldn't care less, I'm not from there.

Now don't you have a public carpark to get to? ;-)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

No it's just attention seeking. Using 'Top Gear' as a reference to anything
    is a bit ridiculous.

No I didn't say all, I said the 'majority' and from 'personal experience' if you care to read my post properly. And as regards your last line if that is intended as some kind of juvenile dig, I couldn't care less, I'm not from there.

Now don't you have a public carpark to get to? ;-)
    the unwillingness to get your facts just proves my point, about your juvenile post. As for where you're from, couldn't care less either. It's the fact that the post is completely pathetic, that grabbed my attention. and for what it's worth, I'm far, far, far from a car enthusiast, I'm just not stupid enough to think that loud exhausts are attention seeking. So you can keep your snide little carpark comments for the 15 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I am a car enthusiast and more or less from Newbridge but don't worry i am too old to be a boyracer and i can't afford a noisey exhaust at the moment ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you want to debate the phenomenon of boy racers, their traits or origins, please do it on one of the sites more relevant forums. Let's keep this thread to the actual issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement