Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Error

• 17-04-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

For the last week or firefox has been slow but when i close firefox and go to reopen it i get the following message
    Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.

so i have to restart the laptop,so now for the time being im using IE ::eek: for the first time in years and im experiencing no problems with IE, ive tried clearing cache, ive even uninstalled firefox and resinstalled again to no avail, can anyone be of any assistance?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hold ctrl + alt + del all at the same time. This will bring up the task manager. Click the processes tab. Find firefox.exe, highlight it and click end process. Odd that restarting and uninstalling it didn't sort it though so this might not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

There are 2 things you can do! first of all if u leave it for at least a in before opening another window that usually fixes itself and if not then hit ctrl + alt + delete and go into the processes tab and find firefox (if you sort it by memory size firefox is usually at the top ) and then hit end process.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Thanks folks,ive done the control/alt/delete thing but i don't wanna have to keep on doing that every tme i want firefox to reopen,it must be something that is preventing it from opening, it's been working absolutely fine up to last week as well so it's all a bit puzzling!i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

It seems to be a fault in firefox cuz ive notice it happening on all computers. I either tend just to leave a firefox window open at all times minimised to avoid the problem, or else I just do the ctrl +alt+delete! When I was told that method it was a life saver so me cuz i was sick of having to restart my computer to get into firefox!
    sorry I dont have any more ideas for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

maryjm wrote: »
    It seems to be a fault in firefox cuz ive notice it happening on all computers. I either tend just to leave a firefox window open at all times minimised to avoid the problem, or else I just do the ctrl +alt+delete! When I was told that method it was a life saver so me cuz i was sick of having to restart my computer to get into firefox!
    sorry I dont have any more ideas for you!

jaysus that's not good if it's a fault of firefox,you'd expect an organisation like firefox to get such problems fixed ASAP, i might try and get in touch with them direct to see if the problem can be rectified or relucantly use another browser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Have this as well, its one of a few FF issues that have been bothering me for a while now

Really close to switching to Opera or K-Meleon

Advertisement