Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

distribute generation systems

Options
  • 17-04-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

hi not sure if this is right place to ask this Q but I'm hoping someone can help me :o

I have an assignment due i next week and i have it completed except for 1 part. the question goes like this " what are the essential differences between a Distributed generation system and a central generation system".

I have been chatting with my friend "mr google" for the last number of days but he has yet to get back to me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

it's ok I found out what it is...
    Distributed generation is when electricty is generated at a power station far far away...
    While central generation is local .i.e micro generation and used locally too... kinda new style generation ... cheaper to transmit and cleaner but we'll still need the old style for awhile yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

baza1976 wrote: »
    it's ok I found out what it is...
    Distributed generation is when electricty is generated at a power station far far away...
    While central generation is local .i.e micro generation and used locally too... kinda new style generation ... cheaper to transmit and cleaner but we'll still need the old style for awhile yet...

My guess is that u have this the wrong way around:confused:

See http://www.examiner.com/x-2903-Energy-Examiner~y2009m4d18-Pushback-against-centralized-energy-will-benefit-fuel-cells

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

My guess is that u have this the wrong way aroundconfused.gif
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Carlow52 wrote: »

Hi Only checking back in here today. yes, you are right. I got them the wrong way around on my post above.. but not in my project... phew you gave me a fright.. I had to go and check it after reading your mail to make sure i had it the right way in my assigment..

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

baza1976 wrote: »
    Hi Only checking back in here today. yes, you are right. I got them the wrong way around on my post above.. but not in my project... phew you gave me a fright.. I had to go and check it after reading your mail to make sure i had it the right way in my assigment..

B

Nothing like a bit of assignment panic:D

Thanks for coming back

• Advertisement
Advertisement