Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple problems with JG BAR 10

Options
  • 17-04-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Got my bar 10 recently here of boards and I heard so many great things about it.

But mine seems to acting up a bit.You may want to also take into account that its 3rd hand!

Problem 1:Shooting unaccurate with .2g bb but I think that is just because of the weight although I was using .3g it seemed unaccurate.Tryed every position possible with the hop-up.Also having trouble with the scope to zero

Problem 2:Misfeeding due to the mag not sitting perfectly in the magwell.
    Does this mean a new mag or something with the gun.

Problem 3:Stiff cylinder,do I put on grease and what type etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

EDIT:This is the Real Shock Version

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Thread moved to appropriate section

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Accuracy is affected by the cleaness of the hop and barrel.

If you can take these apart, give them a thorough, obsessive cleaning, leave no dust or residue, use silicon oil in the barrel and wipe it out completely, removing all dirt.

Re-assemble everything carefully, making sure its all seated well.

For the cylinder, clean out excess grease, and a bit of oil in the cylinder should be enough to lube it and maintain a seal, a grease and oil mix can create a thicker but not too thick lubricant, but oil is usually enough.

Airsoft snipers need regular cleaning, but a nce off obsessive clean will mean later cleans won't require dissasembly.

Also, .2's are shyte, use .25s or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Cheers what type of grease like motor grease?

And what about the misfeeding problem?

Just reassembling everything should ensure the mag seats better, I'm not familiar with that issue.

The silicon oil in lidl is fine, grease lowers fps if in a cylinder, just use oil.

Think I'll buy a new magazine.

My issue with the oil is that it is still stiff even with oil and when the cylinder is clean.

• Advertisement

It may be the housing that holds the cylinder, there is a plastic bushing usually, maybe oil the outside of the cylinder where it slides into the gun.

Okay,

Being a dingus that I am I took apart the magazine and I am having trouble (noob).

When I put in the large spring and the black piece of plastic that pushs the bb the black yoke keeps falling back into the mag.

Also I have a thin piece of plastic about a 1'' long and two very small screws and ideas?

O found out why the mag is sitting because the mag catch on the gun is strong enough to hold the mag.I think its the spring.

I've heard every thing about this gun but mine seems to be a bad apple :(

The long piece is the spring guide, it goes at the end of the magazine spring.

Yeah, the mags are a pain, but just be patient and it will go back together, assemble it all with spring in place, but the loop of it sticking out the end, but both ends in their place, try to push the spring in from this end and clamp the mag over it.

Ok after trying to put the mag together when I finally do it the black thing that pushes against the bb just faals back into it.

And whenever I do get it perfect the bb's just roll out.

Keep in mind I still have two very small springs left over.Microscopic ones smaller than the magazine latch yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Dont use silicon oil use silicone grease more effective but dont put a thick layer on. When you do apply it dont touch the cylinder head with it and leave about 2 centimeters without any grease or as little grease as possible.

Your accuracy problem would be due to the barrel and/or the hop simply strip down the hop up unit and when you have the barrel out take out the barrel and give the inside a proper clean till theres no dirt at all coming onto what your cleaning it with. When your done that just the rubber a bit of a clean with a rag just to be sure theres no grease on it.

There seems to always be trouble with that spring on the mag catch apparently it can be replaced with a spring off a pen but tbh I'd just order in a new one from fire support (atleast I think they sell them)

• Advertisement

Ok for the life of me I cant get this mag together.First I put in the spring guide,then the spring over it,than the thing that pushes against the bb.

Put in the screws, tighten them up,Use the speedloader and than the black thing falls into the mag and when I turn the mag up sidedown out come the bbs.

I have noticed that putting the bb stopper black thing on its side helps it to move easier.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Is the black thing the part that feed the bbs or the part that releases them ?

The small springs push the bb holder inner, the part that stops bbs flying out everywhere when in the mag.

Is the black thing the part that feed the bbs or the part that releases them ?

Its the thing that is pushing against the bb's ,its to separate the bb's from the spring

The small springs push the bb holder inner, the part that stops bbs flying out everywhere when in the mag.

Do you mean to keep the bb stopper to stay in the trench/path of the bb's?

Mr_Kuthar wrote: »
    Do you mean to keep the bb stopper to stay in the trench/path of the bb's?

Yep, a spring on each side.

Yep, a spring on each side.

Jeez that seems tough to do.

Do you know where to get silicone grease,like would garages do it or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Any hardware store or motor factors would do it. Lidl do it sometimes. Its best to get the 3 in 1 spray stuff for handyness.

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    Any hardware store or motor factors would do it. Lidl do it sometimes. Its best to get the 3 in 1 spray stuff for handyness.

This stuff,I thought one of the lads said it was too thick?

Could someone upload a video of them putting this blasted mag together.

Please I would be very grateful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I use that stuff all the time, no trouble with it. I haven'y ever taken a part one of the mags so...

• Advertisement

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    I use that stuff all the time, no trouble with it. I haven'y ever taken a part one of the mags so...

Thanks for the help

Advertisement