Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I'll slit your ****ing throat, I'll cut your ****ing head off"

Options
  • 17-04-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

Anyone else just sick to death of this HOLE of a town?

That was the threat I received tonight at 7.30 outside Brown Thomas cos I said I'd no change to some junkie while he pushed me against the window

Last week I was told to "f**k off back to Raheen you posh bastard" for no reason at all.
    Funny thing is....I wouldn't call myself posh...and I'm not from Raheen.

Everytime something bad happens you've people out there trying to promote the good aspects of the city. Well it's pointless. Limerick is a scum hole and we should just get used to it.

"It's not Stab City...it's Fab City"

No, no....it is stab city.

UGH!!! Can't wait to get out of here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 red-demon

That's not funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

That was the threat I received tonight at 7.30 outside Brown Thomas cos I said I'd no change to some junkie while he pushed me against the window
    Fella with a girl?

Do yourself and everyone else a favour.. report him to the Gardai. If it's the same guy, he's not the sort of person you'd want to bump into on a Saturday night on your way to get some grub at 2am!! No point coming on here and saying Limerick is a 'hole'. You want to change that? Report those who cause it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Take it easy there OP. That sort of incident could happen anywhere. If it's that same guy that goes around with his 'bird' I've encountered them before. He's a dirty wino, a smack into the jaw would have him out cold, same for his skank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Wow, when even Poxy is getting disheartened it's time to take the city back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I've cooled down now. :p

He was on his own wearing one of those "knacker hoodies".
    You know the ones with the furry hoods?

I was gonna report it to the guards but it would just be a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I grew up in Moyross and I turned out fine...Didn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

So are things as bad as people make out?

easyeason3 wrote: »
    So are things as bad as people make out?

Kinda. I left when I was about nine so I can't tell you much, but I use to play for the local football team Distillery AFC and three of the people I was friends with in the team are now in prison. Two of them for murder. Makes you wonder.

To be honest not everybody in there is scum. It's a small minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I said I'd no change to some junkie while he pushed me against the window

So out of the two choices

a) Kick his face off
    or
    b) Rant on the internet about it

you chose the most useful of the two...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

FruitLover wrote: »
    So out of the two choices

a) Kick his face off
    or
    b) Rant on the internet about it

you chose the most useful of the two...

Ranting on the internet usually doesn't result in you going to the Regional with a knife wound to the neck.

Ranting on the internet usually doesn't result in you going to the Regional with a knife wound to the kneck.

Very true. You pick your battles. You did the sensible thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Last week I was told to "f**k off back to Raheen you posh bastard" for no reason at all.

Everytime something bad happens you've people out there trying to promote the good aspects of the city. Well it's pointless. Limerick is a scum hole and we should just get used to it.

"It's not Stab City...it's Fab City"

No, no....it is stab city.

UGH!!! Can't wait to get out of here.

totally agree, I live right in the town centre and am sick of stepping over junkies on the way through town, there was 6 of them on O'Connell st tonight, 6! Was coming out of the texas stakeout a few weeks back with my parents, my mother walked out before us and I walked out to find some ****ing wino giving her grief because she wouldnt give him change, he started acting the hard man until he got swiftly told to **** off by me and my dad and then he was all apologies, ****ing scumbag lets hope hes found in a doorway dead some night, have zero sympathy for these cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Hace ye seen the one that camps out at the door of the Woking on a saturday afternoon. Somplete and utter juknkie no shame whatsoever. She taps poeple on the way in with their KIDS for fcuks sake.

Was reared in the lovely green pastures of Moyross myself.
    Call me what you like but I aint no Moyrosstitute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Primary education in Corpus Christi myself...played for Northville too...a reunion's gonna break out here!

Anyway, these two hanging around (the guy and his lady friend) what age group are they...might keep an eye out for them...I'd like to be prepared if I thought I might be getting thrown against a window ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i dunno about that :D
    Ranting on the internet usually doesn't result in you going to the Regional with a knife wound to the neck.

no ranting on the internet rarely lands you in hospital with such a wound but it could if you were making a sandwich and having the rant but thats neither here nor there.

On a serious note you prob should have hit him a dig and ran away, doesn't sound like the manly thing with the running away but you might teach the prick a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Agreed, that's the job for him...a slap in the head. You wouldn't have to run...sure he'd be high as a kite...knock him around a bit then ring Henry Street and tell them where to find him - sure they'd only tell him he was asking for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The thread question could more appropriately be is "anyone else sick of the SCUMBAGS that plague this planet, can't wait til we can chemically castrate people who are scum".

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

I was outside a well known pub having a cigarette in the smoking area/canopy last night and it sounds like the very same scangers who bummed me for coins, not only that but a while later another junkie tried to bum a cigarette. This guy who hangs out with the girl should be taken off the streets immediately - total scum and a very depressing image of the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

They could with setting up a little Junkieville and sendin em all there. They could tap each other to the hearts content.
    Seriously though they take the whole look off the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I hate the little fcukers!!!

Someone asked me for a fag in town the other night, I said sorry I don't smoke and kept walking! I thought i was very polite to the guy and everything was fine until he followed me down the road, told me to watch my mother fcukin back that he was comin after me!!!

i can't wait to leave this town:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

To be honest its always bothered me the way people on here can whitewash over every negative aspect of Limerick.

For example:

Poster complains along the lines of: My mates got robbed and assaulted on Cruises St. at 2pm on a Saturday - theres scum everywhere unleashed and unchallenged and I have never ever witnessed a viable Garda presence on the streets of Limerick.....

Response - fcuk off you idiot people get assaulted everywhere - and anyhow in Thomond park people are really quiet during penalty kicks, and there's ducks in Corbally...... :rolleyes:

You generally have to admit to, face up to and respond to a problem people..... I'm not seeing any evidence of that......

Limerick should be studied in Universities Globally as an example of how not to plan a City, legislate/run same and especially how zero policing in the face of rampant, mindless scumbag infestation inevitably leads to an exponentially spreading disaster decade on decade.

Personally I'd prefer to live in a shít City where people worked on improving it and eliminating the scum than to live in a supposedly safe City where people are shot dead in their Estates, gunned down in their Businesses, mugged, robbed, threatened, beaten and intimidated.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Well said, Raiser, very well said!
    I totally agree!

Kinda. I left when I was about nine so I can't tell you much, but I use to play for the local football team Distillery AFC and three of the people I was friends with in the team are now in prison. Two of them for murder. Makes you wonder.

To be honest not everybody in there is scum. It's a small minority.

Right well I spend a good bit of time in Limerick & have never really come across anything I haven't experienced in other towns & cities.
    But I suppose it's a case of if you want to know come live with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I take issue with the insinuation that there's zero Garda presence. It's there and it's quite obvious.

I suppose as you say yourself, you only see what you want to and whitewash over everything else.

I know, as does everyone else here there's scumbags in Limerick, the same as there are in Basle, Chicago and Manchester. The only difference between all 4 is a scumbag is more likely to be shot dead if (s)he's a different colour in Chicago.

I know we have our issues in Limerick, but it's no more a hole than any other city on this planet.

The planning issue...okay I accept, but then again I'm the type of person that would like to build a metro and triple width streets under/in a 10000 acre field in the middle of nowhere and build a city around them... a bit like a better version of Adamstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ninty9er wrote: »
    I take issue with the insinuation that there's zero Garda presence. It's there and it's quite obvious.

Its there and its obvious, there isn't a Yummy Mummy in Castletroy that doesn't have the full attention of some Templemore spawned, slack-jawed, slack-brained, pimple-popper with one eye on her tax disc and the other edging for her cleavage..... They're all over our dual-carriageways pointing speed detectors at the tax-payer who pays their wages - likelihood is that when the poor cnut gets home he'll have been robbed by the Gardai and the knacker who broke their back window and emptied their house.

Oh I see the Gardai around Limerick - I've just never seen them where and when they should be..... I bet there's very few cashing that pay cheque with a clear conscience......
    SNIP!!!!!! Disregarded - Please refer to my last post pleading for an end to this type of lame defence of the indefensible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

krudler wrote: »
    totally agree, I live right in the town centre and am sick of stepping over junkies on the way through town, there was 6 of them on O'Connell st tonight, 6! Was coming out of the texas stakeout a few weeks back with my parents, my mother walked out before us and I walked out to find some ****ing wino giving her grief because she wouldnt give him change, he started acting the hard man until he got swiftly told to **** off by me and my dad and then he was all apologies, ****ing scumbag lets hope hes found in a doorway dead some night, have zero sympathy for these cnuts

These guys - winos/druggies - are not the REAL problem though.

I know they are annoying and a threat around any town but they are victims also and I must stress I am not suggesting any leniency for them.

As we all know it's the scum lords that are the root to all these problems.

I hope that the proposals made by minister for justice during the week will help to arrest and imprison them fairly swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There really isnt though, I walked through town at around 11 tonight, prime time for travelling between pubs and clubs and there wasnt a single cop on O'Connell st, from McDonalds to near Henry st, not a single one, but there were 4 winos/junkies, go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

As a relatively new outsider to the city I have to say that while I haven't encountered any unsavoury incidents as of yet I would find it a good deal less safe than other places I've been to.

I'd agree with Raiser that the Garda presence, or rather lack of, is very noticeable in the city centre. The whole Cruise's St - William St area is one that'd I'd regard as quite rough for an area that would comprise a large part of the city centre and I'd hazard a guess the limited policing is a factor in this.

I'm going to take Galway as an example as its the only other city I'm very familiar with and it'd be the same-ish size as Limerick. The city centre in Galway is possibly one of the safest places I've been, walked around there at al hours and you never get any hassle. There is always a Garda presence and afaik they're are Garda CCTV around Eyre Square these days. If I was to get off a train in Galway and a train in Limerick I know which place I wouldn't be watching my back as often. Colbert Station is not the most inviting of places.

To end, the city has some serious issues, ones that require an effective cleaning out of the place. While I wouldn't go as far as to say the city is out of control, too much control rests with the Gangs in the city and until an authoritive and noticeable Garda presence wrests 100% control of the city they're will always be those issues.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    As a relatively new outsider to the city I have to say that while I haven't encountered any unsavoury incidents as of yet I would find it a good deal less safe than other places I've been to.

I'd agree with Raiser that the Garda presence, or rather lack of, is very noticeable in the city centre. The whole Cruise's St - William St area is one that'd I'd regard as quite rough for an area that would comprise a large part of the city centre and I'd hazard a guess the limited policing is a factor in this.

I'm going to take Galway as an example as its the only other city I'm very familiar with and it'd be the same-ish size as Limerick. The city centre in Galway is possibly one of the safest places I've been, walked around there at al hours and you never get any hassle. There is always a Garda presence and afaik they're are Garda CCTV around Eyre Square these days. If I was to get off a train in Galway and a train in Limerick I know which place I wouldn't be watching my back as often. Colbert Station is not the most inviting of places.

To end, the city has some serious issues, ones that require an effective cleaning out of the place. While I wouldn't go as far as to say the city is out of control, too much control rests with the Gangs in the city and until an authoritive and noticeable Garda presence wrests 100% control of the city they're will always be those issues.

So if new legislation is to be introduced does that mean judges will be a bigger target? I'm guessing there are Guards in Limerick at the moment who don't want to rock the boat too much because of an obvious backlash they & their families will get, which is understandable. Some people have suggested bringing in the army but it's really the same difference.
    So, would it be a viable idea to bring properly trained Guards/ Army in from different regions & have them in balaclavas so they can't be identified?
    The one problem I can come up with is that these gangs will target existing Guards/ Judges/ Army members to make a point.
    So what is a solution?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement