Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I'll slit your ****ing throat, I'll cut your ****ing head off"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

easyeason3 wrote: »
    So if new legislation is to be introduced does that mean judges will be a bigger target? I'm guessing there are Guards in Limerick at the moment who don't want to rock the boat too much because of an obvious backlash they & their families will get, which is understandable. Some people have suggested bringing in the army but it's really the same difference.
    So, would it be a viable idea to bring properly trained Guards/ Army in from different regions & have them in balaclavas so they can't be identified?
    The one problem I can come up with is that these gangs will target existing Guards/ Judges/ Army members to make a point.
    So what is a solution?

The combined word of certain high up members of the Gardai against certain known criminals to be taken over the word of them and their lawyers in court so that they can be put away.
    I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but take the case of "The General". Stopping outside the home of guards etc, waving up at them with a "do anything and I'll kill your family" type of way, and nothing can be done cause there's no evidence. When it comes to a point where everyone knows that he's a crime lord, then it should be enough to incriminate him and put him away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If it is any consolation to the OP, I think the guy that threatened him ran into the wrong guy last night.

A junkie/scumbag type guy with a similar scummy girl with him, went at two girls at the Meteor shop side of BT. They were roaring and shouting at the girls, and this guy walking by went over, and the scumbag went to hit the guy, and the guy sidestepped the punch, and levelled the junkie with a punch of his own.

As we were leaving the scene the guy who flattened the junkie was asking the girls if they wanted him to call the Gardai for them.

Funny thing was if you saw the guy that helped the girls in a different location you would probably not really pay much heed to him. He was a big enough guy, tall and heavy, but was wearing glasses and had a goatee and looked like the least like the type that would take on a scumbag. We went over after he had done the hard work, but I don't think I would have been as confident as he was in stepping in, plus the way he slipped the punch looked trained, as he adjusted his feet as he was avoiding the punch and threw his own punch back almost in one smooth movement.

Fair play to him for asking about getting the Gardai, as I think most people would be out of there asap. If indeed it was the junkie that threatened the OP, then karma bit him on the butt quickly. This was at about 11pm last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

cson wrote: »
    The whole Cruise's St - William St area is one that'd I'd regard as quite rough for an area that would comprise a large part of the city centre
    Are you actually seriously suggesting that Cruises St is a rough part of the City? Come off it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aidric wrote: »
    Are you actually seriously suggesting that Cruises St is a rough part of the City? Come off it.

At night time, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

In a time gone by, the behavior of many of these 'scumbags' wouldnt be tolerated by the community. The problem is there is no community any more, as individuals we leave it up to the guards and the legal system to deal with them even though these people are a product of our own society.

The 'have nothings' will always want what the 'haves' have. Is there a way forward? Will this regeneration plan work? Will a couple of years work stop generations of low life?

Answers on a post card..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Aidric wrote: »

I wouldnt walk through it at night, no passing traffic, theres always a bunch of winos by the statue, so yeah its a rough part of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

An File wrote: »
    At night time, perhaps.
    Not at all. Between College and work I've been based in Limerick for 6 years. Most of my time out at night has been in that side of the city because I'm based in Castletroy. Worst trouble I've seen is a bunch of teenagers getting chased by bouncers from Icon. Like every city Limerick has rough spots that you just don't go to and it has its fair share of petty crime (Castletroy has had a mini thievery wave for the last year) but overall I feel much safer there than I did when I worked in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mr. Croft

Raiser wrote: »
    Response - fcuk off you idiot people get assaulted everywhere - and anyhow in Thomond park people are really quiet during penalty kicks, and there's ducks in Corbally...... :rolleyes:
    KerranJast wrote: »
    Like every city Limerick has rough spots that you just don't go to and it has its fair share of petty crime (Castletroy has had a mini thievery wave for the last year) but overall I feel much safer there than I did when I worked in Dublin.

Raiser your spot on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Another load of crap today, but this time from the Sunday Tribune, with a DOUBLE-PAGE headline of "CAN LIMERICK BE SAVED"

Mind you, within those articles there was an OK interview with Laura Ryan.

The one that annoyed me, though, was some mother claiming that her son was "only a joyrider, addicted to stealing cars"

When mothers of little ****s have that attitude, what hope is there ? Why interview her and give her newspaper space ?

LINK : http://www.tribune.ie/article/2009/apr/19/can-anything-save-limerick-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Galway, Cork, Dublin any time I've been out and about
    I have felt a lot safer than when in Limerick.

You can throw all the statistics you like at me, does not change the fact
    that when I'm been out in other cities I've felt a hell of a lot safer walking
    the streets of other cities than my own home town.

I've seen a more visible presence of Gardai in other cities,
    Limerick Lots of cameras yes. Foot patrols not nearly enough.

My impressions from walking down the streets of Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick.

Dublin, Lots of Bum's, lots of Dodgy heads, but they seem to mind their own business
    more than other places. Bum's tend not follow you about the place or approach you,
    they sit in the one spot. There is a visible Garda presence you dont have to
    walk very far on most streets before you see a foot patrol.

Cork, to me seems to have a bigger visible presence of bums or people
    looking for money off ya. Not so many Gardai on patrol here but a lot better
    than Limerick.

Galway seems to have the biggest visible presence of Wino's Have not
    been out and about up there in a few years but from what I recall I remember
    I did not see that much of a Garda presence patrolling the place.

Limerick by far seems to have the biggest amount of visible Scumbags/Knackers
    everywhere, a few bums/winos but not as much as the other cities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Another load of crap today, but this time from the Sunday Tribune, with a DOUBLE-PAGE headline of "CAN LIMERICK BE SAVED"

So what? Let them print what they want, I found it hard to spot the parts they had exagerated or had made up to be honest.....

- Anyhow discussing this stuff is preferable to our tried, trusted and utterly useless alternative of plugging our earholes with our fingers and singing la-la-la loudly enough to mask the gunshots.

Personally I sincerely believe that "LIMERICK NEEDS TO BE SAVED" - and soon please...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Kess73 wrote: »
    If it is any consolation to the OP, I think the guy that threatened him ran into the wrong guy last night.

A junkie/scumbag type guy with a similar scummy girl with him, went at two girls at the Meteor shop side of BT. They were roaring and shouting at the girls, and this guy walking by went over, and the scumbag went to hit the guy, and the guy sidestepped the punch, and levelled the junkie with a punch of his own.

As we were leaving the scene the guy who flattened the junkie was asking the girls if they wanted him to call the Gardai for them.

Funny thing was if you saw the guy that helped the girls in a different location you would probably not really pay much heed to him. He was a big enough guy, tall and heavy, but was wearing glasses and had a goatee and looked like the least like the type that would take on a scumbag. We went over after he had done the hard work, but I don't think I would have been as confident as he was in stepping in, plus the way he slipped the punch looked trained, as he adjusted his feet as he was avoiding the punch and threw his own punch back almost in one smooth movement.

Fair play to him for asking about getting the Gardai, as I think most people would be out of there asap. If indeed it was the junkie that threatened the OP, then karma bit him on the butt quickly. This was at about 11pm last night.

Fair play to that man!! If everyone stood up to those scumbags maybe this city wouldn't be overrun with all the ****heads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Baldie wrote: »
    Fair play to that man!! If everyone stood up to those scumbags maybe this city wouldn't be overrun with all the ****heads!!

True, but if we all did that, what would the internet heroes complain about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Baldie wrote: »

From my experience, scumbags hunt in packs and there is bound to be one of them that has a blade!

EF wrote: »
    From my experience, scumbags hunt in packs and there is bound to be one of them that has a blade!

As always, power in numbers, chicken ****s on their own!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

FruitLover wrote: »
    So out of the two choices

a) Kick his face off
    or
    b) Rant on the internet about it

you chose the most useful of the two...

yeah yeah, you retaliate and you are the one who gets in touble.

My friend got jumpped by some knacker with a stick one night in ellen street, friend ends up taking stick off knacker and gave him a hiding, guards passed, friend called guards over and friend ended up in trouble.

Elbi wrote: »
    yeah yeah, you retaliate and you are the one who gets in touble.

My friend got jumpped by some knacker with a stick one night in ellen street, friend ends up taking stick off knacker and gave him a hiding, guards passed, friend called guards over and friend ended up in trouble.

Typical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Whats the story with the junkies that cover the road between Cruises St to down past the Old Quarter. It's like they have it divided into shifts, I'm only in Limerick twice a week but there is always one of them manning the side door of BB's and usually one at the corner at Ellen Street. I often see them talking on mobile phones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Raiser wrote: »
    So what? Let them print what they want, I found it hard to spot the parts they had exagerated or had made up to be honest.....

- Anyhow discussing this stuff is preferable to our tried, trusted and utterly useless alternative of plugging our earholes with our fingers and singing la-la-la loudly enough to mask the gunshots.

Personally I sincerely believe that "LIMERICK NEEDS TO BE SAVED" - and soon please...

Hear, hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 graham41

in a battery operated wheelchair myself two foreigners robbed money i was putting into my pocket catherine st. lastnite told noone I'm devastated:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i had to get stitches after a run in in kebabish the other night but dont think the guy was from limerick and after being here for 2 years i really like it and think its nowhere near as bad as people make out

there are parts of the city that need help obviously but the city center is relatively safe i feel no more at risk there at night than i do in dublin or cork

if your over 18 and dont like it then leave its not too hard to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I grew up in Moyross and I turned out fine...Didn't I?

ye.......nice sig:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

PeakOutput wrote: »
    i had to get stitches after a run in in kebabish the other night but dont think the guy was from limerick and after being here for 2 years i really like it and think its nowhere near as bad as people make out

there are parts of the city that need help obviously but the city center is relatively safe i feel no more at risk there at night than i do in dublin or cork

if your over 18 and dont like it then leave its not too hard to do

Maybe if all the people who are willing to tolerate scumbag behaviour and accept it as an actual norm fcuked of to Tehran or Kabul or somewhere the rest of us with standards and the ability to recognise that people are entitled to a standard of living that includes a sense of personal security for themselves and their children could get on with improving this City.

- Fair play to you, if you keep your standards this low you're in for a smile-filled, dreamy, and glorious life as surely nothing will ever disappoint you.

P.S I'm here over 30 years and I've seen plenty of people revise their opinions and very suddenly stop reciting the "Well I'm here since Rag week and I've never seen any trouble" mantra once they're reduced to picking up their teeth off the street or calling an ambulance for a friend.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 weezy81

We obviously do have our problems here and that really does come down to one thing.....the planning of housing estates in the 40s and 50s.They were just asking for trouble,its like they purposely built a petri dish to harvest the lowest form of humanity.

I am born and raised in one of these estates so i have seen it from the inside although thankfully the disease has not got hold of me but we are are prime example on how not to build up a city.

Besides all that and the problems you guys talk about in the city centre,the biggest problem are Romanian gypsies.These mf'ers are everywhere,there are more here every week.You cannot drive through a traffic light without one of these idiots knockin on your window or washing your windscreen when you dont want them to. Tapping your shoulder turning around to see a man parading a disfigured limb,that is what is not right and takes "the look of the place" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Bubbles09

I can't believe that happened to you in the middle of town
    was it in the daytime?
    I would've gave him a swift kick in the chin
    I've no sympathy for ppl who abuse their health
    they've put themselves on the streets and in that state
    f**k em all :eek:
    and what about annie fitz she's another 1 always at it above on parnell st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They need to be REMOVED. No ifs or buts, just put an end to them hanging around the city streets hassling people. It is getting out of hand to the point that it is extremely uncomfortable walking down O'Connell St even in the daytime. Of course then there is the idiots who see nothing and wouldn't know a junkie if they bit them on the arse. I guess ignorance is bliss until you get attacked. (Thats not a dig at the OP)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bubbles09 wrote: »
    I can't believe that happened to you in the middle of town
    was it in the daytime?
    I would've gave him a swift kick in the chin
    I've no sympathy for ppl who abuse their health
    they've put themselves on the streets and in that state
    f**k em all :eek:
    and what about annie fitz she's another 1 always at it above on parnell st

This can't be the infamous BUBBLES, can it?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Bubbles09

what is the OP??
    But there'd be a fella in cruises st, young enuf and his face is grey
    he'd be askn for change
    and u know its for heroine like
    makes me sick :(

I've just heard some pretty f*cked up news. Friend of mine's dad stabbed in the City last night, his taxi robbed and burnt out. I haven't heard any of the finer details yet, will post as I hear more :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Whats the story with the junkies that cover the road between Cruises St to down past the Old Quarter. It's like they have it divided into shifts, I'm only in Limerick twice a week but there is always one of them manning the side door of BB's and usually one at the corner at Ellen Street. I often see them talking on mobile phones too.

I work in the area and they're there every day around lunchtime, two guys and a girl. The girl has long dark hair tied back in a ponytail and one of the guys is big enough with blondish hair, the other is smaller with dark hair and a straggly beard.

I gave them a few Euro when they started but not anymore. They ask for "Change for the homeless" but arrive in clean clothes everyday, other homeless people tend to wear the same clothes. I've seen the blondy guy arriving on a push bike so I don't think they are homeless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement