Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I'll slit your ****ing throat, I'll cut your ****ing head off"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I work in the area and they're there every day around lunchtime, two guys and a girl. The girl has long dark hair tied back in a ponytail and one of the guys is big enough with blondish hair, the other is smaller with dark hair and a straggly beard.

I gave them a few Euro when they started but not anymore. They ask for "Change for the homeless" but arrive in clean clothes everyday, other homeless people tend to wear the same clothes. I've seen the blondy guy arriving on a push bike so I don't think they are homeless.

They are just junkies, I've seen them buying gear there at the corner of BB's, and openly discussing where they would go to shoot up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Bubbles09 wrote: »
    what is the OP??
    But there'd be a fella in cruises st, young enuf and his face is grey
    he'd be askn for change
    and u know its for heroine like
    makes me sick :(

I pass by this guy every day. Is it the fella that stands just where Cruise's St. meets with Denmark St. near Nancy Blake's?

If so, he looks unbelievably rough, only a matter of time before he's gone being honest, his face has rapidly went downhill in the last month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I pass by this guy every day. Is it the fella that stands just where Cruise's St. meets with Denmark St. near Nancy Blake's?

If so, he looks unbelievably rough, only a matter of time before he's gone being honest, his face has rapidly went downhill in the last month or two.

I saw that fella on Saturday morning at that exact spot, he looks real rough and he's only a young lad as well. Awful waste of a young life. Shooting up that f****ng poison turns young people into zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Raiser wrote: »

P.S I'm here over 30 years and I've seen plenty of people revise their opinions and very suddenly stop reciting the "Well I'm here since Rag week and I've never seen any trouble" mantra once they're reduced to picking up their teeth off the street or calling an ambulance for a friend.....

Absolutely, never a truer word spoken.
    There always people who haven't encountered any trouble yet, lucky them but in Limerick we have our own particular brand of vicious scumbag that I would swear down you wont find elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

TVDX,
    Its not that you wont find them anywhere else, there are no worse than the scumbags in Dublin Cork Galway etc, its just they are far more obvious and open about it in Limerick. They are eveywhere. Walk into town any hour of the day and there they are, walking in gangs, tracksuit pants tucked into their white socks and a dirty pair of white tackies, hoods up when there is no rain and soverign rings and gold chains over their tops. In other cities they tend to stay in their own areas, but in town they are free to roam and pray. And I dont care what anyone says, its very intimidating and we shouldnt be intimidatied walking our own city in broad daylight.

• Advertisement

Liam79 wrote: »
    TVDX,
    Its not that you wont find them anywhere else, there are no worse than the scumbags in Dublin Cork Galway etc, its just they are far more obvious and open about it in Limerick. They are eveywhere. Walk into town any hour of the day and there they are, walking in gangs, tracksuit pants tucked into their white socks and a dirty pair of white tackies, hoods up when there is no rain and soverign rings and gold chains over their tops. In other cities they tend to stay in their own areas, but in town they are free to roam and pray. And I dont care what anyone says, its very intimidating and we shouldnt be intimidatied walking our own city in broad daylight.

Good point.

However I do wonder what should the state's response be to crime, particularly organised crime. What is the solution?

I have to admit as I get older I'm drawn more and more to right-wing policies and Irish Nationalism as a way forward for this state, particularly in terms of state security and economic policies.

My belief is that Ireland is trying to re-invent the wheel when figuring out how to deal with criminal gangs etc. These are essentially anti-state forces. We should look to our history when looking for a solution, especially the War of Independence and the Civil War.

During the Civil War, the Free State Offensive, part of which was to re-take Limerick, was a success. The National Army fought decent people with whom they once fought side by side, both sides using brutal force.

If they were alive now, what would people like Michael Collins, Richard Mulcahy and Eoin O' Duffy think of how the Dáil has let the country come under such threat in Dublin and Limerick?

I think they would order a new offensive, far more brutal than the first.

There's my controversial 2 cents, hope I haven't p*ssed off too many people, I guess I'm just sick and tired of the Dáil's handling of crime.

To compare the "rebels" in the civil war to these scum is doing them a serious injustice. Those people rightly or wrongly believed in a clearly defined cause for what they saw as the good of the country.

I get what your saying about brutal force being necessary against these gangs but I just don't think it's right to use the civil war as an example.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    To compare the "rebels" in the civil war to these scum is doing them a serious injustice. Those people rightly or wrongly believed in a clearly defined cause for what they saw as the good of the country.

I get what your saying about brutal force being necessary against these gangs but I just don't think it's right to use the civil war as an example.

Sorry, I wasn't comparing the people, but the tactics.

Both sides in the civil war were good people and patriots that fought for their country in the War of Independence, everyone needs to appreciate that and I do genuinely apologise if I seemed to compare the rebels with the criminals we have, was just caught up in my rant.

However the violence the army and the rebels used against each other was terrible, try and read about what happened in Ballyseede, outside Tralee for instance.

Imagine the violence that either of these side would want used against organised criminals. People back then would have just wiped out our criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

An File wrote: »
    I've just heard some pretty f*cked up news. Friend of mine's dad stabbed in the City last night, his taxi robbed and burnt out. I haven't heard any of the finer details yet, will post as I hear more :(

Kieran's okay from what I heard. He had numerous stab wounds and a broken wrist and the investigation in ongoing. The car was found burned out.

It happened in Croagh though, but picked up in the city centre.

Haven't been in to see the lads yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Max Cohen

apparently he was goin to a pick up on hyde road but there was no one there.
    you have to wonder was it the same people that called him and then went walkies and flagged him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Those romanian's are doing my head in now seriously, it's like they asked all there deformed cousins to come over and join in the begging. That guy with the gimpy leg usually around the crescent, the guy with the deformed leg around bedford row.. Then there's that one that carries around the magazine and then the guy who never gets out of traffic!

They are so annoying, then when you get passed all them come the junkies.. That one with the blonde hair who usually has a buggy and always asks for some change to get the bus home, to get a taxi home, to get her baby food, to get herself food etc etc makes me sick, what a disgrace. Social services should be called she is nothing but scum.

Seriously sick of this town. Oh wait another piece of rant, those you know whats who actually sit outside the post office in town are disgusting, i don't feel one bit sorry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i realistically am gonna punch one of those romanian gimps soon if they keep coming up to me. at least if you say no to a junkie they'll mostly say ok. Those bastards look at you with their deformities as if its your problem.

Heres an idea **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That weird lad out by St Marys Park is just horrible!

he can walk but he is seriously deformed! As for the lad that has an arm for a leg! Pure disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Mr McGregg?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

ninty9er wrote: »
    Kieran's okay from what I heard. He had numerous stab wounds and a broken wrist and the investigation in ongoing. The car was found burned out.

He had an operation and my mate said he's fine. it'll take time to recover obviously but he is fine. the scumbag couple left him for dead on the side of the road. the car was found in cork somewhere. anyway the guards have their mobile numbers from the taxi rank with unclear CCTV. it looks like these ****s will be caught. hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

I work in the area and they're there every day around lunchtime, two guys and a girl. The girl has long dark hair tied back in a ponytail and one of the guys is big enough with blondish hair, the other is smaller with dark hair and a straggly beard.

I gave them a few Euro when they started but not anymore. They ask for "Change for the homeless" but arrive in clean clothes everyday, other homeless people tend to wear the same clothes. I've seen the blondy guy arriving on a push bike so I don't think they are homeless.

The blond guy is a dealer.

I work in a bar up town and they are constantly around. Its gotten to the stage of me saying no so often (allways) they dont even bother asking me and avoid the pub when I am on because I run em hunt them away.

They will often come into the pub and look for us to convert their change into notes because all that change is too heavy/makes noise in the pocket and their dealers wont take coin for smack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

because you run em???? do they do the dealing for you? haha sounds wierd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SeanSD

The thread question could more appropriately be is "anyone else sick of the SCUMBAGS that plague this planet, can't wait til we can chemically castrate people who are scum".

I agree,
    We need to stop these Fcukers from breading. Stop the family line in its tracks.

Also bring in the birch. No more walking out of court with a suspended sentence.

You do know it will never happen as we also have the other scumbags that bang on about bad upbringing and we should give them a hug and show them the error of there ways.

I'm not sure who I hate more.

The Garda should be allowed crack a few more skulls without suspension

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

TheLoc wrote: »
    He had an operation and my mate said he's fine. it'll take time to recover obviously but he is fine. the scumbag couple left him for dead on the side of the road. the car was found in cork somewhere. anyway the guards have their mobile numbers from the taxi rank with unclear CCTV. it looks like these ****s will be caught. hopefully

13th Law of Limerick City - These Cnuts are never caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Max Cohen

13th Law of Limerick City - These Cnuts are never caught.

there are laws in Limerick city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

TheLoc wrote: »

Was talking to him today. Seems in good form, very lucky to be alive and ready to get on with his life. He's home, up and out and about and wants to continue driving.

Will never have 100% use of his hand again though.

Complete fcukers.

But then again...like I said above...could have been anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Well i have an idea for a reality tv series.

ALL scumbags should be rounded up and thrown into a 100 ft deep bit, a square kilometre big.

they should all be given different weapons. and last man standing should be shot in the back of his head as a prize. so he cant breed. you like it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

RHunce wrote: »
    Well i have an idea for a reality tv series.

ALL scumbags should be rounded up and thrown into a 100 ft deep bit, a square kilometre big.

they should all be given different weapons. and last man standing should be shot in the back of his head as a prize. so he cant breed. you like it??

Best of luck Huncie - If I was you I'd bring a medium sized bag of Supermacs or Kranks Korner French Fries laced with Strychnine as your weapon of choice.

- Dodge the ultimate trophy bullet by getting your cranium replaced by a titanium version - ya might kill one of the idle gawpers by way of a well directed ricochet....

Best of luck Huncie - If I was you I'd bring a medium sized bag of French Fires laced with Strychnine as your weapon of choice.

- Dodge the ultimate trophy bullet by getting your cranium replaced by a titanium version - ya might kill one of the idle gawpers by way of a well directed ricochet....

My weapon would be a sign with "Jobs available". You can be pretty sure the fookers would keep well away from me then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Best of luck Huncie - If I was you I'd bring a medium sized bag of Supermacs or Kranks Korner French Fries laced with Strychnine as your weapon of choice.

What about Chernobyl Joe's chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm from Croagh and i was shocked when i heard this. The perpetrators seemed to know exactly what they were doing, getting him to take them in the long passage to the GAA field just off the main N21 road, its pretty quiet in there, not much lighting with only a handful of houses in there. But how did they know about this place? I can't imagine scumbags from the city going 15 miles out to small county villages like this. They should get life. Anything less would be a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

grenache wrote: »
    I'm from Croagh and i was shocked when i heard this. The perpetrators seemed to know exactly what they were doing, getting him to take them in the long passage to the GAA field just off the main N21 road, its pretty quiet in there, not much lighting with only a handful of houses in there. But how did they know about this place? I can't imagine scumbags from the city going 15 miles out to small county villages like this. They should get life. Anything less would be a disgrace.

There are some well known criminal faces from the city that were rehoused as part of the regeneration scheme in houses near the Pike by Rathkeale. Amazingly there has been a massive increase in break ins in the Newcastle West/Ardagh/Shanagolden area since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Kess73 wrote: »
    There are some well known criminal faces from the city that were rehoused as part of the regeneration scheme in houses near the Pike by Rathkeale. Amazingly there has been a massive increase in break ins in the Newcastle West/Ardagh/Shanagolden area since then.
    And this has got what to do with a taxi driver from Limerick city being stabbed in Croagh by people from Limerick city??

If sarcasm is your only response then you're really scraping the end of the barrell. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Anyone else just sick to death of this HOLE of a town?

That was the threat I received tonight at 7.30 outside Brown Thomas cos I said I'd no change to some junkie while he pushed me against the window

Last week I was told to "f**k off back to Raheen you posh bastard" for no reason at all.
    Funny thing is....I wouldn't call myself posh...and I'm not from Raheen.

Everytime something bad happens you've people out there trying to promote the good aspects of the city. Well it's pointless. Limerick is a scum hole and we should just get used to it.

"It's not Stab City...it's Fab City"

No, no....it is stab city.

UGH!!! Can't wait to get out of here.

Was in tesco today and yeah it was Dublin, and three junkies was harrassing the security guard,

Yeah it happens else where too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

grenache wrote: »
    And this has got what to do with a taxi driver from Limerick city being stabbed in Croagh by people from Limerick city??

If sarcasm is your only response then you're really scraping the end of the barrell. :)

You failz at the interweb...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement