Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Nigerians really that bad

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

djpbarry wrote: »
    The Nigerian embassy are hardly going to admit that Nigeria is a ****hole, are they?

I’m not referring to either asylum seekers or failed asylum seekers.

I am referring to successful asylum seekers (i.e. refugees) and immigrants. Now, I’ll ask again; how many Nigerian refugees and immigrants currently resident in Ireland have made “false claims” to gain entry into this country?

But, once again, I’m not talking about asylum seekers.

Nigeria being an A****hole is not reason enough for asylum

Funny how you don't want to talk about 99% of Nigerian applications for asylum

"Now, I’ll ask again; how many Nigerian refugees and immigrants currently resident in Ireland have made “false claims” to gain entry into this country?"

Okay now i'll let you do the maths again as you did above.
    can we agree 2+2=4 is always true,yes?

So if as you said 589 is many times greater than 1% of people who claimed asylum, then we have people living here through false claims for asylum.
    I hope you can follow that, although you seem to strugle with numbers
    End of, and your numbers.
    If you keep up with the news you'll know dermot Ahern was widely criticised for stating 90% of claims were unfounded and he singled out Nigerians as being worst amongst the unfounded claims. But i think you know that
    Bryan
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

BryanL wrote: »
    Nigeria being an A****hole is not reason enough for asylum
    Maybe not, but Nigeria’s pretty shoddy human rights record offers some sort of explanation as to why people flee the country. From the article in The Tribune that you cited:
    Nigeria is sharply criticised in Amnesty International's latest report for human rights violations.
    BryanL wrote: »
    Funny how you don't want to talk about 99% of Nigerian applications for asylum
    I’m not talking about it because it’s not relevant to the question I have been repeatedly putting to you – you can take it that 99% are unsuccessful if you want. I really don’t care, because I have been repeatedly asking about Nigerian asylum seekers that are successful, along with Nigerian immigrants, but you don’t seem to want to answer. I have been asking you what evidence you have that suggests that Nigerian refugees and immigrants in this country are here under false pretences and you keep replying with “according to The Tribune, only 0.01% of asylum applications made by Nigerian nationals during the period 02.07 – 08.08 were successful”. That doesn’t make any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

Affable wrote: »
    Did he get punished, ro did they give you any indication of who did?

For crying out loud!! I originally posted this thread some months back only for someone to come here now with some anecdotal story about how her jaw,head,ribs etc were broken by a nigerian guy.

I personally feel the thread has run its course and is now been used by a few who probably wake up looking for Nigerians under their bed...to basically spout out nonsense.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm inclined to agree.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement