Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Course Refund

Options
  • 18-04-2009 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I Started a course in Febuary, it was difficult to start off with, working shifts etc, Now, I'm afraid that I cannnot complete it due to circumstances beyond my control, plus it's not all it's cracked up to be, I am slightly dissapointed in the content,lectures etc. I really need this refund money as I intend to go back studying fulltime next year...waht are my chances here?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

I'd say zero unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

I'd say zero unfortunately

Seriously?! That seems unfair.....I have paid for 2 years, If I have no intention of doing the 2 years, should I not get it refunded!!! I mean the circumstances are quite ****ed up really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Seriously?! That seems unfair.....I have paid for 2 years, If I have no intention of doing the 2 years, should I not get it refunded!!! I mean the circumstances are quite ****ed up really.
    And that is their problem how? You signed up, and paid, to get two years of lessons, if you don't decide to use them then that is not their problem. You only chance lies in the contract it self regarding refunds; there might be a provision in it for a partial refund.

If I have no intention of doing the 2 years

If youhave no intention of doing two years, then you shouldn't have signed up to do two years. You cannot attend due to your own issues. They are still providing the course for you. Whether you decide to attend or not is up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Some points come to mind here:

1. You knew that it was a 2 year course with scheduled hours and you signed up for that. If you can't make those hours, then that problem lies with you.

2. They should have provided a syllabus outlining the course details. When you signed you accepted that course. However, if they did not provide a syllabus, or the course content is significantly different to that outlined in the syllabus, then you may have recourse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement