Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autographed tattoos

Options
  • 18-04-2009 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I saw a thing on another website about a woman who had 13 autographs from celebrities tattooed on her body. I think getting that many autographs tattooed is just crazy. But i wouldn't mind getting one done if i ever met my idol.

What do you people think of the idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

lisajane wrote: »
    I saw a thing on another website about a woman who had 13 autographs from celebrities tattooed on her body. I think getting that many autographs tattooed is just crazy. But i wouldn't mind getting one done if i ever met my idol.

What do you people think of the idea?
    never ever!
    It's a name, thats all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's ridiculous. At the end of the day, celebrities are just people, I'm a person but you don't see anyone getting my signature tattooed (:()

It's ridiculous. At the end of the day, celebrities are just people, I'm a person but you don't see anyone getting my signature tattooed (:()
    If you can make your name look like a fireman i know a guy who'll do it *looks at will*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

quiet you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

wouldn't be my thing, personally, but if it was someone who was a really really really really big deal to me, and i could get some sort of associated design around it, i might. maybe for guy garvey, chris cornell or brandon boyd.

although the autograph will never happen, so no need to worry about me getting it tattoo'd on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

It's my body, I wouldn't want someone else's name on it! What if I got lost...?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I could see a point to getting your OWN signature tattooed on yourself... since you are the architect of your life, you should get the recognition an artist gets for creating a work.

But someone elses? Not unless you are BIG into BDSM :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

nope, get them to sign a damn piece of paper and then when you go off them you can sell it for cash instead of being stuck with an ugly scrawl on your skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

you mean like this one? :pac:

Bronze%20-%20%27%27Old%20Lady%27%27%20-%20BIC%20Permanent%20Marker%20-%20TBWA%20Paris.jpg

Molberts wrote: »

Bronze%20-%20%27%27Old%20Lady%27%27%20-%20BIC%20Permanent%20Marker%20-%20TBWA%20Paris.jpg
    Thank you for the best fap ever :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

wow... scary and cool all at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I think it depends, obviously if it's a spur of the moment rash thing then well it's stupid but on the other hand i think it's kind of cool, especially if you finally get to meet a band etc.. you've loved for years, makes it a bit special and unique i think.

My O.H. has a signature on his arm, he has a half sleeve of Testament artwork, album covers etc.. a few years ago we met the singer Chuck Billy and he signed the sleeve, it's now there in ink :p. Now he's working on getting the rest of the band to sign it. Think it's pretty cool really.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

I have a signature tattooed above my left ankle... it's of JRR Tolkien... well it's not exactly a signature as such but rather a design he did incorporating the initials of his name... I love it and it means so much to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ForTheLoveOf_Fi

i would most likely opt for a logo, or an image or quote associated with said person :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Molberts wrote: »

where did you get that picture of me :eek:

:P

naw would never get a name on me ever, celeb or no celeb

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've often thought that when i start getting ink, if its a big detailed piece i may ask for a small signature from the artist.
    Just an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭tattoodublin

A couple of signature stories from the over 15,000 :D tattoos I've done:
    1. Michael Collins portrait, and the client wanted his actual signature done under it, absolutley so cool in my opinion.
    2. young man, musician, I've done a few Jimi henrix portraits on (as well as phil lynott, stevie ray, and rory) done jimi Hendrix's autograph under his arm, its very striking. he also has (apparently the only one in existence) a guitar (yes hes in a band) exact replica of the guitar Jimi burned on stage, all the writing intact on the rear,bought in New York, he had me tattoo the guitar on his arm and all the writing around it. he'll be back again from south africa for more work real soon.
    3. This is the coolest i can remember... while I was travelling australia, was doing a guest-spot at Cashmores studio in Canberra. AC/DC were playing. Ended up in a crazy situation with two young men having the band autograph their backs and I tattooed it in for life! Some people thought this pretty stupid, which shocked me, is it any more stupid than getting a cartoon character? or an 'X' ? or a barcode? or a terrible looking dragon thats actually the best dragon in the world because your 6 year old son drew it for you? ( did that on a client too) Those two young men may never do anything exciting in their lives, work the same factory until retirement, and like all of us, get our lives and freedoms F%$k'd over by governments, laws, and other peoples opinions. i'm surprised to see this arguement in here. That tattoo might be the one memory of a crazy exciting time in their lives that will never leave them, it could be the bond of a lifelong friendship... or certainly, maybe they would regret it later :D but in my opinion, any tattoo, that a person desires for the right reasons is cool. The only stuff I refuse is something very distasteful, prejudicial, or evoking hatred. so... sure, a signature is ok. Live your own life, dont be caged by others opinions, in the end were all just dust anyways and all you take with you is the story of your life.
    Peace out... Pluto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I have hung out with a band (I'll leave them un-named but they are by no means a big name in any way shape or form though I am a big fan) and they had a fan do this with at least the guitarist's signature. They weren't very complimentary about the concept when they mentioned it to me(but I think they guy was a little too stalker for them which may have coloured their view). Said guitarist has a band logo tattoo as well they just thought a signature was a little too far.....

I have been tempted by this band logo:
    rsh03_thumb.gif
    With maybe the RSH replaced by my initials or the horns shortened to work without any letters. But a signature would be a step too far not even sure what individual I'd be that obsessed with (other than myself :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

I've always wanted to get "Eamonn Dunphy" tattooed in fancy writing on my arse, but i'm not sure if i'd ever go through with it! :cool:

Advertisement