Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esky honey bee help

Options
  • 18-04-2009 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a honeybee heli.
    Soon after I crashed it hard,so I bought a bare bones.

The only thing is the barebones has no fixtures to attach the servos with the screws from the origonal heli.

Any ideas as to what to use to keep the servos from moving away from the frame?

Because there are no screw holes I am unsure as too where they should go,I have a general idea but, what way up not a clue.
    I have tried everything this is a last resort.
    Thanks in advance:o

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

1 make your own fixtures for the servos
    2 alter the parts from your old easky so that they can do the same function in the new one
    3 use epoxy
    4 consider using thread to tie the servos on, and adding superglue to the thread to make it rigid.

You should appreciate these little chinese helis ones are (almost) disposable helis, buy new ones only long as it takes you to wake up to that and learn to hover, they are far more troublesome and expensive in the long run. Stronger/higher quality helis fly better, fly easier thus crashing less often, and are less breakable. That is by the way the reason that as heli fliers gain experience, and learn what matters most, they upgrade their heli pretty much as often as they can. So selling off the little one, getting a sim and a better one will usually save money in terms of reduced maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I'd go with the tread and superglue idea,but I'd have to be sure I put the servos on in the right spot first.I am not sure that's why I posted the topic in the first place.

The servo location is calculated by the following:

Set the servo with it's arm at 50%/half way movement. Now (usually) the arm is at 90 degrees to the servo body.
    The control rod (that it pushes and pulls) points to the end of the servo arm while that arm is at 50% of it's movement. The servo can be in any place that places it's arm tip in that spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

You could use tie wraps also to keep them in place, make sure that they servo case does not move when you move the servo arm with the transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I got one of these over the weekend off the missus, and to say japanese/english instruction manual is difficult to read is an understatement.

What's the difference between Mode 1 and Mode 2 flying? According to the instructions the right throttle thingy on the transmitter does the same as the left! Maybe I'm not seeing the difference.

I scared sh!tless of my maiden flight!

Anyone know where I might get a full demo video on the interweb because my head hurts!?

• Advertisement

Model 2 = left hand throttle = right handed pilots who do the flying with their right hand.
    This is the most commonly used way in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

coolwings wrote: »
    Model 2 = left hand throttle = right handed pilots who do the flying with their right hand.
    This is the most commonly used way in Ireland.

So there's not a switch somewhere that selects Mode1 or Mode2?! It's whichever you prefer?

As you can see, I'm a complete noob!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

flanzer wrote: »
    So there's not a switch somewhere that selects Mode1 or Mode2?! It's whichever you prefer?

As you can see, I'm a complete noob!

Depends on the radio... some can, some cannot.

Advertisement