Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie question: soccer betting terms

Options
  • 18-04-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Dipping (small) toe into soccer bets and such... I'm wondering, though, about some (probably obvious) betting terms:

for instance, what does "2.5 goals" relate to when betting on total goals scored in a game? Where does the .5 goal factor in?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 punky brewster

It means you back 3 goals or more.It just saves the confusion of 2 or more goals.I know what it means but its hard to explain i think, wow now im confused:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's 2.5 to give only two possible outcomes, under 2.5 (0,1,2 goals) and over 2.5 (3,4,5 goals etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Oh riiiight :)

See, I guessed it was prob simple explanation. But I had a few thoughts on what it might mean, all of which seemed like a silly way to do things.

Thanks for that.

Advertisement