Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still playing Darkfall

Options
  • 18-04-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone who originally subscribed/bought the game, is still playing? Did anyone quit?

I'm still playing. Was away for a while on holiday up untill yesterday though, so I'm only back in game.

Nice to see they finally tell us whats in the patches.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I'm still playing. Hard to find enough time to put in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Yep, still playing. Subscribed for another 3 months. I figured that should give me enough time to get over the initial shine. I made the mistake of signing up to WAR for 6 months and only used a month of the subscription (runs out in May).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

yep i'm still playing too, not as much as i'd like but still bashing away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Slurmsy

I had planned to start playing again in May but I'm not sure if I'll even bother. The server still can't handled big sieges, one of the game's selling points, and there's tons of minor stuff that AV haven't fixed/implemented yet.

With this and the current PvP scene, Hyperion vs Cotc, I'm tempted to just wait until EU-2 or the NA server (though I doubt they'll ever come).

Doesn't sound like you came back at a good time KoKane, life appears to be rather hard for you guys atm :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

i have the game just over a week now and i have to say i have never enjoyed a game as much in a long time, after a few days i got in a small clan and now we are in the dusk alliance. Was involved in alot of fighting against the mercs tonight lost a few mounts but never died. Your in bbfl ya? we should role sometime ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Funky wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like you came back at a good time KoKane, life appears to be rather hard for you guys atm :P

Its some craic allright. Dunno how the heat got to us but we're in the spotlight atm. I think Osium from TheMercs has it in for us or something :P

We're never online to defend ourselves though. Relying on the alliance for that.

Are any of you in the Death alliance?

What clan Neil, and whats your name in game.

Theres someone else from Boards.ie thats in Adeptus guild

there's like 6 of us in Mortis Consortium (ex-Homeless, hyperion), think I remember another dude on boards saying he was in Wessex.

you guys have been left alone down on rubaiyat for too long, bout time you got some heat ^^

my name is neilk bergane and im in sabotage, whats your name i'll add you? must of my clan members are pussys though.

there's like 6 of us in Mortis Consortium (ex-Homeless, hyperion), think I remember another dude on boards saying he was in Wessex.

you guys have been left alone down on rubaiyat for too long, bout time you got some heat ^^
    I'd be more worried about Death than anything atm. Sneaky lot they are. Well on their way to do some damage.
    neilk32 wrote: »
    my name is neilk bergane and im in sabotage, whats your name i'll add you? must of my clan members are pussys though.

I pk'd an alfar today and 2 sabotage guys jumped me. Killed 1 and was finishing the other when a ****ing OTG member (neighbour from the island) jumped in with fire magic ****ing raping me :/
    I was going red to get a free teleport to our city tho as I was bound on the mainland and needed to go back. Worked out ok I guess lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Just got my PC fixed so ive not been playing for about a week ! Logged in for 30mins and logged back out.

Im overwhelmed with a feeling of "cant be arsed"

KoKane wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about Death than anything atm. Sneaky lot they are. Well on their way to do some damage.

I dunno, the only real threat to the big stalemate at the moment is CotC on their mission to create a bigger zerg than hyperion :P

Nah their goons. Nobody will trust them long enough. DUSK isnt allied with them any more either as far as I know, although I've been away the last two weeks. Was sure I saw that somewhere though.

KoKane wrote: »
    I pk'd an alfar today and 2 sabotage guys jumped me. Killed 1 and was finishing the other when a ****ing OTG member (neighbour from the island) jumped in with fire magic ****ing raping me :/
    I was going red to get a free teleport to our city tho as I was bound on the mainland and needed to go back. Worked out ok I guess lol

A lot of the people in the clan are newbies and most people suck at pvp me included, but im the one who always wants to go rape some dwarves, going to go out and raid a few enemys tonight hopefully get my alignment back up full i might even take a trip down to rubaiyat to get back into the fighting down there, yesterday i came across 3 graves with full banded one in the middle of shoal that had 800 arrows and a mount also, and then found 400 arrows in the middle of dun amsharra im so lucky in this game :P

You being the only one wanting to go PvP and having to almost inspire other people to do something is a bit similar to B@D trying to get the entire alliance to do ****.
    Not all of them are like that but a few too many are.

so we went out last night started off with 6 of us, went to meet at the wilderness bank near deep yishku, somebody screams one red coming towards us so we all turn and start shooting, turns out it was terrible company and 6 of them were coming behind that guy so we fight for a bit kill 3 and 3 of our guys die and we have to bail because they got reinforcements. So the 3 dies that guy werent bothered coming back out so we end up going to human territory with 3 people and then finally when we find some humans one of our guys disconnected so we get chased the whole way through ork territory by 10 humans and end up getting killed by murderherd. Thats the story of the day my clan suck for pvp :/

there's like 6 of us in Mortis Consortium

This still true?

Looks like so much has changed in this game, we may actually encounter each other. If you're still playing ofc.

Slap on a bit of gear and don't be like statis noobs please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I don't think anyone is re-subbing at the moment. Trying out other mmos.
    Still part of Mortis Consortium though. We'll be back to Darkfall at some stage.

yea haven't played in a bit over a week i think, don't have the time to make it worthwhile really and my pc struggles in any decent sized siege :(

i'll probably go back at some stage though

• Advertisement

ah come on guys just when we get the chance to have some irish v irish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Darkfail ? :rolleyes:

Havnt played this in AGES now, still check the forums to see what the patch notes are. They are making good changes but im waiting for something like ...

*Classes/Roles - everyone still afaik plays EVERYTHING (Melee,Archer,Mage) because they have to to compete with other players. So some kind of specialization would be nice.

*Spells - Change the way spells work so that if you cast a spell and you are aiming at the person the moment you cast the spell it will hit.

*No more Sprinting in circles - Never had problems killing someone who did this to me but... it looks stupid is stupid...

*Skill gains - Speed at which you gain skills should be increased x12847891579378 just enough so actually Capping a decent set of skills (Melee mastery, decent archery, 1 elemental tree) actually becomes a foreseeable outcome in the close future (1 - 2 months) with out the NEED to macro all night while you sleep or farm all day for reagants.

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Darkfail ? :rolleyes:

Havnt played this in AGES now, still check the forums to see what the patch notes are. They are making good changes but im waiting for something like ...

*Classes/Roles - everyone still afaik plays EVERYTHING (Melee,Archer,Mage) because they have to to compete with other players. So some kind of specialization would be nice.

*Spells - Change the way spells work so that if you cast a spell and you are aiming at the person the moment you cast the spell it will hit.

*No more Sprinting in circles - Never had problems killing someone who did this to me but... it looks stupid is stupid...

*Skill gains - Speed at which you gain skills should be increased x12847891579378 just enough so actually Capping a decent set of skills (Melee mastery, decent archery, 1 elemental tree) actually becomes a foreseeable outcome in the close future (1 - 2 months) with out the NEED to macro all night while you sleep or farm all day for reagants.

Nobody wants classes in a game like darkfall what would be a good addition would be a softcap on the number of skills you can max.

Pretty ridiculous thing to sugest if you ask me takes away a lot of skill in predicting where your enemy is going to be and not just pointing and clicking.

Don't agree with not sprinting around otherwise melee would be boring and just hit for hit.

Skill gains have already been increased ten fold you can't gain archer or magic skill by shooting into the air anymore. I've been playing 6 weeks and i have elemental magic and sharpshooter and just about to unlock mastery without macroing.

Darkfall is well worth playing right now.

Advertisement