Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yeah its old, just fu*king play it!.....f*cker!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Centipede. Played it again last week and had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,294 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have to play Mario 2, FF7, Legend of Dragoon, Megaman series, And if you have the cash, Steel Battalion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Overheal wrote: »
    Legend of Dragoon

Please nobody play this, it's ****ing awful.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I started playing KOTORII again this week also. Super fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,294 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Please nobody play this, it's ****ing awful.
    Anti-Thanks! I'd like you to justify that comment at least..

http://apps.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psx/legendofdragoon

I think they did up the story well among many other things, like the combat additions - which were a big huge plus over many other RPGs at the time. The only thing that really comes close that I am aware of to that at the time was the combat system for Mario RPG..which should also be attached to my list of games you must play.

But then again, as one reviewer notes, I was a power ranger kid back in the days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Tusky wrote: »
    System Shock II is still really playable. Excellent game.

Can't wait for System Shock IV ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Starcraft
    Deus Ex
    Rune (a viking 3-rd person slasher, utterly under rated)
    Nemesis
    UFO: Enemy Unknown
    Settlers of Catan

You know.... the greats!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

noodler wrote: »
    For all the niche, anorak weirdos who like to go against the grain to be special and dismiss the opinions of those who don't agree with them: .......................eh.....try Red Alert 2. Still the best one

Have you played suikoden 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Medal of Honor : Allied Assault , especially the multiplayer...still play it to this day 7 years on :)

Crash Bandicoot....its just PURE fun !!

Tetris !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

quite liked the 2 sets of alien vs predator games on the pc..

as the predator or alien it was good evil fun, but you were paranoid as hell playing as the regular soldier, constantly expecting to die! loved it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Fallout 1+2 and system shock 2 (with the high res pack) comes first to mind.

These games are still great, i probably appreciate them even more now after playing so many games since they first came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 (Just fired them up on my old PC over the last 2 days) - Just so much good wholesome evil.
    HalfLife (As above) - I lost hours to this game and its mods, especially They Hunger 1 - 3
    Worms (As above) - Maliciousness has never been so much fun, or inventive, no game I have played since has topped this.
    Theme Hospital/Park - Micro Management without being pedantic, great.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 1 - 3/Sonic & Knuckles (to a lesser degree) - Played inside out. Loved them.
    super Mario World - Fun, Fun, Fun
    Yoshi's Island - Man I loved this game. Yoshi rules.
    Donkey Kong Country - Plenty of fun to be had.
    Aliens (Playstation) - Suspense and frights in bucket loads, along with some great guns.
    Resident Evil 1 - 3 - How can you not love these games.

Many, Many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Mr E wrote: »
    I could name 100+ games..... pointless thread, IMO.

ah but i said "game" not games.

pointless thread, i think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have you played suikoden 2?

Have you played Game Z? Or Y?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Overheal wrote: »
    Anti-Thanks! I'd like you to justify that comment at least..

http://apps.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psx/legendofdragoon

I think they did up the story well among many other things, like the combat additions - which were a big huge plus over many other RPGs at the time. The only thing that really comes close that I am aware of to that at the time was the combat system for Mario RPG..which should also be attached to my list of games you must play.

But then again, as one reviewer notes, I was a power ranger kid back in the days.

I thought the story was crap and as one review noted the battle system was like playing a bad version of parappa the rapper every random battle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

noodler wrote: »
    Have you played Game Z? Or Y?

I played X but Z and Y were out of stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

deus ex (pc)
    snatcher (sega cd)
    shinobi 3 (megadrive)
    shadowrun (snes)
    megaman x (snes)
    castlevania (any)
    double dragon (c64)
    midnight resistance (c64)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

I think for me its always going to be half-life. Still play it now and again. I think I was the only person who liked the xen section. I was delighted the game wasn't over yet when I got there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

midnight resistance (c64)

Oh man, what a legend, forgot about that. That was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Jazzy wrote: »
    starcraft. clearly

have to agree the game as hradly aged in 11 years !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Tribes2, Quake1,2,3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Probably Settlers 2. Though I was a sucker for those old city building games (Like the original Sim City) and strategy games (Like Civ 1, Colonization etc.)

Anything by the Meier guy is good tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    For all the people that blindly think FFVII is the best game/RPG ever go play Panzer Dragoon Saga or Suikoden 2 or any other JRPG I could name that is better.

Super Metroid is pretty much essential for anyone that likes gaming.

Panzer Dragoon Saga intrigues me, but how do you go about playing it these days? Is it even possible to play on an emulator?

There is a saturn emulator that runs it practically perfectly. SSF I think is the best one. You'll need a decent PC to run it. Finding the game is a lot harder since it goes for big prices on ebay but I'm sure you could find a torrent since there's always one due to demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

+1 for System shock 2. Probably my favourite story line in a game, great gameplay on top of it too. Anyone that loves fps should play this game.

EDIT: Diablo 2 as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MFCMark

Deus Ex obviously, still play it a few times a year.

CM 01/02 for basically the definitive mix of realism and playabaility of a football manager sim to date.

Shenmue for one the first awe inspiring, immersive environments.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Baldurs gate II
    Neverwinter Nights 1

Serious time consuming RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Jazzy wrote: »
    starcraft. clearly

Without a doubt, maybe CS 1.6 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Vagrant Story - PSX Great storyline, fun to play, graphics a little weird, but definitely worth a try.

For those who claim FF7 to be the best RPG ever, I laugh. It's not even the best FF! My favorite is Final Fantasy Tactics for the PlayStation followed closely by FF2.:D

• Advertisement

Vagrant Story - PSX Great storyline, fun to play, graphics a little weird, but definitely worth a try.

I'd agree with everything there other than it being fun to play. It's a bit of a slog but the atmosphere, soundtrack, story and characters means it's still pretty much essential playing.
    For those who claim FF7 to be the best RPG ever, I laugh. It's not even the best FF! My favorite is Final Fantasy Tactics for the PlayStation followed closely by FF2.:D

FF2 :O surely that's trolling. That game was horrid! I wouldn't even place it in the FF series since it's so horrible. Unless you mean FF4 which was FF2 in America. Not my favourite FF but it was a great fun RPG.

Advertisement