Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yeah its old, just fu*king play it!.....f*cker!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FF2 :O surely that's trolling. That game was horrid! I wouldn't even place it in the FF series since it's so horrible. Unless you mean FF4 which was FF2 in America. Not my favourite FF but it was a great fun RPG.

I might be thinking of FF3, I always get them confused!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

metal gear solid for the playstation 1.

Such an unbelievably good game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I might be thinking of FF3, I always get them confused!:p

Well time to get you even more confused. FF3 was really FF6 but renamed for the states. Anyway if it is FF3 then I suppose it's FF6 you are talking about on the SNES which is also my favourite FF game since FF3 wasn't all that great shakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

T-F-C

It's in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

jonah lomu rugby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Sonic 1-3 +Knuckles
    Mega Bomberman
    Earthworm Jim
    Crash Bandicoot
    WWF Smackdown
    Gran Turismo
    Metal Gear Solid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

super r-type
    crono trigger
    cybernator
    streets of rage 2
    zombies ate my neighbours
    kid icarus
    lylat wars
    secret of mana
    killer instinct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Well time to get you even more confused. FF3 was really FF6 but renamed for the states. Anyway if it is FF3 then I suppose it's FF6 you are talking about on the SNES which is also my favourite FF game since FF3 wasn't all that great shakes.

Nope, the proper FF3, with the job system! I loved it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jazzy wrote: »
    super r-type

No! Play the orignal R-type 2. They took out the mid level checkpoints in super R-type and the game is just too hard and no fun anymore.
    Nope, the proper FF3, with the job system! I loved it!

Hmm, I'm playing that now and while it's good it's not a patch on FF5 which did the job system so much better. Also the last dungeon really is pissing me off. It takes 2 hours to get through with 4 nasty boss fights and a last boss of uber cheapness. WAs playing it last night and got molested by the last boss all becasue my Curaja spell went off before the boss attacked which left me struggling to try and get my team revived and failing horribly.

No! Play the orignal R-type 2. They took out the mid level checkpoints in super R-type and the game is just too hard and no fun anymore.

i like the music in super r-type better :p
    but yeah ur right. the game is cat hard. playing it on my pc for the past few days... thank crikey for quick save options!
    cheating i know but im an old man now.. aint got the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Dungeon Keeper, Commando's or Civilisation II. There was a time when that's all I ever played. Happily wasted HOURS playing those games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

DeVore wrote: »
    Rune (a viking 3-rd person slasher, utterly under rated)

Ooh, I'd begun to think I was the only person to have played Rune, it was great. Well, once you got past the damn crab-monsters and got to fight humanoid things it was. <3 Loki.

I don't care how old and crappy anyone thinks it is, you have got to play the original Lemmings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Agony,
    hexen,
    Eye of the beholder,
    gods,
    klax,
    chaos engine,
    decent to under mountain (fuking kobald bastards)
    dune
    Civ

Jazzy wrote: »
    i like the music in super r-type better :p

I wish every new console had the SNES dsp sound chip :)

yes life would be better.

but where would all of the over-the-top, too important for you, space operatic themes for the action games though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Civ 2...just awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Been playing Resi on the ds, man that takes me back and it runs quicker on the ds then it did on the playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Fallout 1 agus 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Been playing Resi on the ds, man that takes me back and it runs quicker on the ds then it did on the playstation.

Ugh, the controls though..

I dug up Quake 1 in the last few days.. I played Painkeep and I'm mooching about for Malice and the X-Men total conversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

Can't believe nobody mentioned either of these games yet, N64 gold.

Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
    Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask

In my opinion these games are to action-adventure what the Half-life series is to FPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Finally got around to playing The Longest Journey lately. Not quite what I expected, quite enjoyed it. Got sidetracked about halfway through but must get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Kick off 2 and sensible soccer
    System Shock 2
    Fallout 1 and 2
    Spellbound on the AMSTRAD CPC464 (LOL)
    Ghosts and Goblins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

If you want to get really old skool, there's always this, although to get the authentic experience you'll need this

[edit] OMG. I just looked at those screen shots properly. I had both of those first two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

L31mr0d wrote: »
    (an old popular one) UFO: Enemy Unknown

All really good games imo that not a lot of people have played, some of them really shining in their last act.

I loved the PS1 version of that. Terror from the Deep in think?

noodler wrote: »
    For all the niche, anorak weirdos who like to go against the grain to be special and dismiss the opinions of those who don't agree with them: .......................eh.....try Red Alert 2. Still the best one

FFVII is a great game that has aged badly, in terms of story and gameplay.
    Within the FF series alone, it was dwarfed by FFIX and X

SteveDon wrote: »
    jonah lomu rugby!

still the best rugby game ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Jet Pack and Defender. Hours of blasting fun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I loved the PS1 version of that. Terror from the Deep in think?

Terror from the Deep was the sequel. Great games, although the PC Gold version was/is insanely hard. Patched its one of the few games of that vintage that will run fine in XP without dosbox or whatever; I still play it from time to time.

btw what's with all the Final Fantasy 8 hatred - I quite liked it tbh, nearly more so than 7 when comparing them on a contemporary basis (dialogue especially).

Also anyone who professes to be anyway remotely interested in RPGs needs to play the 3 SNES stalwarts - Chrono Trigger, Seiken Denetsu 3 (Fan Translation) and Star Ocean (Fan Translation). These were games completely unrivalled for complexity in the 16 bit era. Indeed, I think Star Ocean was the biggest SNES game ever released (Dragonwarrior 4/Dragon Force 4 was the biggest NES game)

jimi_t wrote: »
    btw what's with all the Final Fantasy 8 hatred - I quite liked it tbh, nearly more so than 7 when comparing them on a contemporary basis (dialogue especially).

The battle system sucked, the story was horrendous, the characters were all unlikeable dicks especially emo asshole Squall and the dialogue was juvenile and badly translated. The only thing that saved it from being truly awful was that it was still kind of fun and the music and visuals were great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Control 2, on the 3DO, that game gobbled up months of my life and I still didn't finish it, I still have it somewhere, must get around to polishing it off.
    And as for the 2600, I've got a couple, and aside from a handful of exceptional titles, Ms Pacman and Defender II being ones that spring to mind, most of the rest is dreadful, no wonder the scene went belly up back in 83

Advertisement