Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yeah its old, just fu*king play it!.....f*cker!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And as for the 2600, I've got a couple, and aside from a handful of exceptional titles, Ms Pacman and Defender II being ones that spring to mind, most of the rest is dreadful, no wonder the scene went belly up back in 83

Pacman on that leaves a lot to be desired.. [flicker] [flicker] I picked up a mint wood effect one at the Portobello market a few years back with 2 paddles and two joysticks and a box of games for 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hmm... Unreal Tournament, loved that game with a passion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Burga Galti

Well, where do we start...

Atari 2600:
    Combat
    Yar's Revenge
    Q-bert

Atari ST:
    Carrier Command
    R-Type
    Silkworm
    Megalomania

SNES:
    Donkey Kong Country
    Mariokart

PC:
    Dungeon Keeper
    Crusader: No Remorse
    Half-Life
    Unreal Tournament
    Age of Empires 2
    Aliens vs Predator
    GTA2

Yep, that would be my list. Alas, I don't have the Atari's anymore. The rest I still play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Alas, I don't have the Atari's anymore. The rest I still play though.

You can have them forever.. in your browser.

Click a cartridge, play. (browser needs Java to be on)

http://www.2600online.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Burga Galti

Amalgam wrote: »
    You can have them forever.. in your browser.

Click a cartridge, play. (browser needs Java to be on)

http://www.2600online.com

That's a nice site. Have to bookmark it. Still though, it doesn't have that wooden veneer finish. Computers are missing that touch these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

deep down in my heart i miss the GB's version Link's Awakening and Rockman World 5 :) i cant believe that the black and white games have made so many impact and unforgettable memories on me.oh and the Wario world!love it!!!

Strategy game would be the Red alert,i can still hear the special soldier Tanya's voice(is she a general something?cant remember now) whenever i see the Red Aleart Logo.days and nights on Red alert on my friend's brother's pc was great!!another one would be the Super Robot War Alpha,god,was so mad about it!!Dungeon Keeper 2 by bullfrog was some good times too.

needless to say FF6 and FF7,the very first FF i played :Di replayed FF6 abit recently with fighting Kefka with the imps army!

good old times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fluffy.death

Interstate '76

Hit me with some words Taurus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Wow, you can tell a lot of peoples ages by the games they list.

Three major memories for me were

Wizardry: Bane of the Cosmic Forge (and yes, I did finish it. Took many months.)

Dark Seed

Ultima VII

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Interstate '76

Hit me with some words Taurus
    Never get out of the car!

Any game with a main character called "Groove Champion" couldn't be anything other than unbridled awesomeness!
    Must dig that one out for a quick blast. Tremendous fun, even if it did feel like a driving game that had been shoehorned into the Mechwarrior engine...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Little Big Adventure 1 & 2. Man, I used to love the action adventure genre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

tman wrote: »
    Never get out of the car!

Any game with a main character called "Groove Champion" couldn't be anything other than unbridled awesomeness!
    Must dig that one out for a quick blast. Tremendous fun, even if it did feel like a driving game that had been shoehorned into the Mechwarrior engine...

I still have the soundtrack. That music wasn't just funky, it was fun-kay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Mega Drive: Herzog Zwei
    RTS with a Drop Ship that transforms into a Mech? Sweetness

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

For single player: Wolfenstein3D, RTCW, GTA:SA

For multiplayer RTCW:ET, GTA:SA "Blue", CoD4 (nice mods still coming out for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Advertisement