Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking near Nuig?

Options
  • 18-04-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

hi, i am going to the open day on saturday and was wondering where is a good place to park to be near the campus as i hear on campus parking is a bit of a joke?? i done know galway very well but have a fair idea so if i knew a place i could put into the sat nav and off i go! thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Theres good parking at the Kingfisher Gym in NUIG, 5 minutes from the Cathedral. That, or try the tennis courts across from the old building or even the Hospital.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Theres good parking at the ..

As opposed to bad parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Well a good amount of usually empty spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Theres good parking at the Kingfisher Gym in NUIG, 5 minutes from the Cathedral. That, or try the tennis courts across from the old building or even the Hospital.

thanks i have a faint idea where that is too! is it free by any chance? :rolleyes:

Is there an open day on today?I didn't notice anything.

• Advertisement

It's next weekend.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Not 100% sure on this but I think they clamp on saturdays.
    see attached
    So either park in the college Pay and Display areas €2 for 2 hours. Blue

Along side the cathedral there's parking where the road has no yellow lines. This is as free as a bird. Red

Behind the cathedral there is a big open car park. Its €5 a day. green

Also, there are lots of estates near the college, many of which dont have permit parking. Gort/cuirt/dun na coiribe (circled in red) are mainly students, you could probably dump the car there, but do park nicely.

Coiribe village also, i dont think they clamp there and its pretty much as close to the college as you can get.

€5 parking at the cathedral is probably the easiest to get to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Not 100% sure on this but I think they clamp on saturdays.
    see attached
    So either park in the college Pay and Display areas €2 for 2 hours. Blue

Along side the cathedral there's parking where the road has no yellow lines. This is as free as a bird. Red

Behind the cathedral there is a big open car park. Its €5 a day. green

Also, there are lots of estates near the college, many of which dont have permit parking. Gort/cuirt/dun na coiribe (circled in red) are mainly students, you could probably dump the car there, but do park nicely.

Coiribe village also, i dont think they clamp there and its pretty much as close to the college as you can get.

€5 parking at the cathedral is probably the easiest to get to though.
    i know how to get to the cathedral so i will try there first and then that failing the others you mentioned!!1 thanks very much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭labradoodlelady

The Dyke Road car park - about 10 mins walk to the college and it's about €4/€5 for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Dont think they clamp on Saturdays and there is usually a load of spaces free, so you should be alright to park in the college on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Officially they do clamp on a Saturday, but in reality they don't. Even if you do pay for parking in college on Saturday it's only €1 per hour so it's grand, lots of spaces in by the chapel that are P&D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If you get clamped while visiting on the Open Day then somone needs a kick in the nads. I'll rent you my permit...

Ring them and ask - 091-524411 Extension: 5063

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you get clamped while visiting on the Open Day then somone needs a kick in the nads. I'll rent you my permit...

Ring them and ask - 091-524411 Extension: 5063

They'll tell you that the parking restrictions apply, but they don't actually. Went through this rigamarole when my friends were getting married in the chapel last year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It's the open day. Hope the clampers have a bit of cop-on.

Advertisement