Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to get Serato, where's the cheapest place?

• 18-04-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

^^

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

see I was looking on ebay but was wondering whether I'd get it cheaper than 500.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'm still debating this too. I buy feck all vinyl these days but lots of CDs so the dilemma is whether to save my pennies for some CDJs or something like Serato - I am leaning more CDJs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If your aim is to play in clubs cdj's since most are now kitted with em, or maybe pioneer svj software? (http://www.platinum-records.com/PIONEER-SVJ-DL01-DJ-SOFTWARE-prod7686.htm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

CDJs + serato is the best of both worlds, and you still have the option to use the vinyl if you want!

• Advertisement

Jay D wrote: »
    see I was looking on ebay but was wondering whether I'd get it cheaper than 500.

Have you tried Aquarius? I thought they sold for around €479 now?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I think maybe Serato first for me then given the price difference. Would really love CDJs though too but maybe wait till we are out the recession first :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Not into the CD's js at all,id stick with Serato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

any update and no aquarius aren't cheaper than 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I'd hold off on serato for a while, i was told they're bringin out a new version in the coming months

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    I'd hold off on serato for a while, i was told they're bringin out a new version in the coming months

It's out this week here, called the SL-3. I wouldn't hold off TBH as it's priced around €700-800 and the features aren't significantly better, that is at least until v.2 of the software comes out and that's a long while off

The new hardware has an extra aux input for an ipod or sampler and an extra aux out which can be used for a 'virtual 3rd deck' in the future.
    Also they've taken out two of the outputs so now rather than a physical line and thru for each channel, there is only one output per channel and the line/thru is controlled by the software.
    Finally, the other major change is the fact that the sound has been improved, including a better pre-amp and 24bit audio

I'll be sticking with my SL-1 for the time being until either the price drops and/or they update the software to include a 3rd deck.

Advertisement