Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adoption mother for kittens

Options
  • 18-04-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

mother of four kittens,got out of our house.she has taken one and left other 3 kittens,if anyone could kindly help a.s.a.p who has a cat that will feed these kitttens until we can try locate the mother,we would grately appricate your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

whereabouts are you?

i'm in ballaghaderreen in roscommon.

have you rung the vets and asked for cat formula?

if you can't get a hold of the vets i think goats milk (available in supermarkets) is a bit easier on cats tummies... there are recipes online for adding meat to it to make it more like cat milk. how old are they? are they taking any solids at all yet?

should have added, if you're close i could try here with my mother cat but afaik most female cats won't tolerate another cats kittens so it's unlikely you'll have much luck with that method

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fireflyer

PinkTulips wrote: »
    thank you for your reply,we have located the mother and kitten she had,we had brought the other kittens this morning to animal sanctary to be looked after,we brought mother cat out there when we found her unfortuntely she has absconded and ran when we were taken her from the car,but we now have 4 kittens.i do hope the mother will be found,the kittens are only 2 days old.im from west wicklow.this cat and kittens were given to us by someone who found it difficult to look after them just yesterday.it was a happy ending that has gone badly wrong now the mother has escaped.hope fully she will be found,there is a pet dectective going to try find her tomorrow.he works in local area i think,with luck i hope she will come back.thanks for your help anyway.will post you if she is found fingers crossed with luck tomorrow

good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

I have a nursing mum in my house if you want a hand with the kittens - the kittens I have are 12 days old and mum is a tropper - if you need a hand let me know

• Advertisement
Advertisement