Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink

• 18-04-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

What the deal with the Cork bus? I though they stopped the service last November, but in the last month I spotted it running again. Looking at the website and it appears it stops in Gort and Crusheen but not Ennis? Is that right? What a balls. It used to be so much faster, more comfortable and cheaper than Bus Eireann.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

Ya, I noticed that myself last month. I thought they went into Ennis, it would be handy if you wanted an express to Galway from Cork to by-pass Ennis, though I think they should go into Ennis, I knew a fair few people who used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Tadhg17

Citylink restarted the Galway-Cork service in February but now it by-passes Ennis and goes from Limerick-Galway in 90 mins which is pretty decent. No stopping in Shannon Airport either. In the new Timetable, they also stop at UCC and Cork Airport.

Timetable:
    http://www.citylink.ie/timetable-galw2cork.htm

Info here:
    http://www.citylink.ie/medrel_9.htm

Irish Citylink re-commences Cork – Galway Route

Following many appeals from passengers, Citylink Ireland are planning to re-commence scheduled Coach services between Galway City and Cork City from Wednesday 4th February 09, three months after they suspended operations on this route.

The number of daily services to operate daily will be reduced from 13 to 8 but will offer through access, for the first time ever, to Cork Airport. Some of the revised scheduled services will suit commuters who prefer to have an early start to their journey, while the other service times are designed to suit normal inter-City passengers. All will have the added advantage of a significant reduction in journey time.

Citylink Ireland were always conscious, and greatly appreciative, of the support they received from the travelling Public throughout the West and South of Ireland and are pleased to have received approval from the Department of Transport for the re-commencement of services on this route. We look forward to rewarding that support by offering a high class safe and comfortable passenger facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

That's a shame. Ennis wasn't exactly a massive detour. I doubt it added more than 10 minutes. I really miss Citylink. They were a class apart from Bus Eireann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Tadhg17

I say it prob added 15 mins to the journey by going into Ennis. I guess the numbers werent there using the service in Ennis so they dropped the stop in favour of doing Limerick-Galway in 90 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Saw the bus flying along the bypass before 06:00 this morning....you can be sure that the Gort & Crusheen stops will be axed once their bypass is open.

Now that I think of it, once the Crusheen-Gort bypass is open, you'll be able to drive straight through Clare from Limk-Galway without passing thru a town!

• Advertisement
Advertisement