Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a video of your swing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Hey guys, Just wanted to post my progress videos.
    First is from July 2011.
    Around that time i had been playing for few months.so my driving was all over the place.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yz16t6Z0pA

Second one is of Jan 2013.
    Not much of a difference i know but I'm hitting the ball
    a lot further and straighter.(most of the time).
    I do tend to hit it along ground in front of me sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2_1GsaQ7Xc

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not much of a difference i know but I'm hitting the ball
    a lot further and straighter.(most of the time).
    I do tend to hit it along ground in front of me sometimes.

Nice improvement Sean, have you got any lessons or worked on anything in particular in between those videos?

Posture looks a lot better and the strengthened of your left arm are the two things that stood out for me (And don't take any advice from me btw :o )

Is your natural shot a fade? Bad shot a slice?
    Can't make out for certain, but do you tee it a bit lower than normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Ive had a few lessons in the Limerick Area. With some good and some bad advice in there.
    One thing i struggle on is head movement.Raising the head to scoop the shot up. A big issue i had was raising my left heel on my back swing (right handed).
    A good shot is A fade.
    Bad shot would be a Hook.

I normally tee the ball with about 50% of ball over the club when rested on ground.
    was a bit low in that video,well spotted.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭whizbang

That a model for an 'on plane' swing.

cant help thinking, you pulled it a tiny bit, maybe im wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

WHIP IT! wrote: »

Stricker-esque!

Actually I think the finish is very kuchar

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

whizbang wrote: »
    That a model for an 'on plane' swing.

cant help thinking, you pulled it a tiny bit, maybe im wrong?

Thanks ;) it's great to be back hitting balls as been a few years.. I think it was a slight pull alright but striking it pretty well considering..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

went out for a sneaky couple of holes after college this evening with a friend of mine. Took this on the 18th tee.

It's not my normal golfing attire I assure you, lol :) Didnt even have my golf shoes on!

m r c wrote: »
    Actually I think the finish is very kuchar

I love the finish. Great balance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

This fell off the right side of the green. 170 yard par 3.

Failed to get up and down and made 4.

Looking at it I can see a slight cut across the ball which caused the leak right :(

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad310/alriteharold/0CDB0AB4-73E4-414F-8050-ACE307FD35F1-737-0000008275636E2E.mp4

ForeRight wrote: »

Looking at it I can see a slight cut across the ball which caused the leak right :(

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad310/alriteharold/0CDB0AB4-73E4-414F-8050-ACE307FD35F1-737-0000008275636E2E.mp4

fairplay to you being able to see that looking sideways with your swing at that speed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

The ball will always go right when its that far below your feet! :D

Some nice swings here though, must post my own.

My mate the cabbage turned his phone around. I have to run around in circles to watch the video on my iPhone

My mate the cabbage turned his phone around. I have to run around in circles to watch the video on my iPhone

not that you can really tell, but pausing the video frame by frame, it appears that you take it up the inside a little bit [ that's what she said ] on the way back, so maybe you came back through on the inside, which could have also caused it to push right. But absolutely impossible to tell on the angle really :)

not that you can really tell, but pausing the video frame by frame, it appears that you take it up the inside a little bit [COLOR="Red"][ that's what she said ][/COLOR] on the way back, so maybe you came back through on the inside, which could have also caused it to push right. But absolutely impossible to tell on the angle really :)

It didnt feel a good swing and I did lose it right. I was lucky the ball didnt fall off the edge of the raveen. It would have destroyed a great card on me at that stage.

went out for a sneaky couple of holes after college this evening with a friend of mine. Took this on the 18th tee.

It's not my normal golfing attire I assure you, lol :) Didnt even have my golf shoes on!

Was hoping your mate would say "we've been live for a while" and "up see flew" again....
    No interest in your swing :D just wanted to hear it again like the last video you posted.

You happy with the changes since last video? I can't tell the difference, but don't take that as an insult... thats just me not being able to pick them up

It didnt feel a good swing and I did lose it right. I was lucky the ball didnt fall off the edge of the raveen. It would have destroyed a great card on me at that stage.

can you post a good swing next time please ? lol :D

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Was hoping your mate would say "we've been live for a while" and "up see flew" again....
    No interest in your swing :D just wanted to hear it again like the last video you posted.

You happy with the changes since last video? I can't tell the difference, but don't take that as an insult... thats just me not being able to pick them up

haha - yeah out with a different fella today. He doesnt know the meme's ;)

The changes would be more significant from side on rather than from behind. Really trying to work on weight transfer at the moment. I am really happy with how the changes are going though. Ball flight is just so sexy right now.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 56 ✭✭TheGolfer01

Just an observation, you don't seem to be finishing your backswing and then swinging too hard and losing your balance.

haha - yeah out with a different fella today. He doesnt know the meme's ;)

The changes would be more significant from side on rather than from behind. Really trying to work on weight transfer at the moment. I am really happy with how the changes are going though. Ball flight is just so sexy right now.

The memes, the golfing attire, hope you like :D

http://qkme.me/3skg1y

First one of them I've ever done, couldn't get a less offensive photo, sorry Ricky :)

Just an observation, you don't seem to be finishing your backswing and then swinging too hard and losing your balance.

Thank you for the observation and you are correct. Tempo is something I have struggled with since making the changes. Just dont really know how it should feel. It feels like I'm swinging slow and I'm still swinging fast. It's getting better though. :D

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    The memes, the golfing attire, hope you like :D

http://qkme.me/3skg1y

First one of them I've ever done, couldn't get a less offensive photo, sorry Ricky :)

I love it! :D

can you post a good swing next time please ? lol :D

That's probably as good as it gets :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice .........hole, I don't mean your hole.

Only joking. Nice swing, compact fast.

In that situation, a putter left along walkway, about 5 putts to green .

When did you play ! Portrush?. Looks class, they wouldn't be happy with the "aaaaahhh Christ!" Up there. (LOL)

Did you shout foreright? ? Only joking nice swing, nice strike by the sound.

• Advertisement

Nice .........hole, I don't mean your hole.

Only joking. Nice swing, compact fast.

In that situation, a putter left along walkway, about 5 putts to green .

When did you play ! Portrush?. Looks class, they wouldn't be happy with the "aaaaahhh Christ!" Up there. (LOL)

Did you shout foreright? ? Only joking nice swing, nice strike by the sound.

I was up there last week. I was level after 9 holes!!!!

Had 4 bogeys on the bounce then and eventually came in with 75 strokes.

My best round since last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Loire

Thank you for the observation and you are correct. Tempo is something I have struggled with since making the changes. Just dont really know how it should feel. It feels like I'm swinging slow and I'm still swinging fast. It's getting better though. :D

Put a coin on your left shoe and try and keep it there after you hit the ball....

http://golf.about.com/cs/tipslessons/a/quarterbalance.htm

It works for me anyway :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

hope you didn't slice that into the bushes on the right?!!!!:p

If you did you'd find about 50 of my golf balls in there!!:D

charlieIRL wrote: »

hope you didn't slice that into the bushes on the right?!!!!:p

If you did you'd find about 50 of my golf balls in there!!:D

Thanks for the tip i'll go look tomorrow ;) -

but no. I split the absolute middle of the fairway. Was exactly half way between the 150 disc and the bottom of the hill on that line. It was a perfect drive into a strong wind out of the north :) hit 8-iron for my second missed the green just right. Up and down for simple par :)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Thanks for the tip i'll go look tomorrow ;) -

but no. I split the absolute middle of the fairway. Was exactly half way between the 150 disc and the bottom of the hill on that line. It was a perfect drive into a strong wind out of the north :) hit 8-iron for my second missed the green just right. Up and down for simple par :)

Great finishing hole and a potential card wrecker. Can't remember the exact yardage

• Advertisement

Great finishing hole and a potential card wrecker. Can't remember the exact yardage

From the back tee is about 410 yards, trees left and right and with the second shot straight up hill, big bunker on the left of the green and the green itself sloping severly from back to front, it can indeed wreck cards ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭SEORG

At the driving range today, first time swinging the clubs this year, feedback back would be great.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey, nice looking swing.

Your setup looks a little uncomfortable to me, like you are you a little far from the ball or something, maybe your legs a bit too straight?

Whats your bad shot?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Hey, nice looking swing.

Your setup looks a little uncomfortable to me, like you are you a little far from the ball or something, maybe your legs a bit too straight?

Whats your bad shot?

Hey Greebo,

Thanks for the feedback.

Bad ones go right or else low but straight.

I would come up out of the swing.

Driver is fairly consistent but when it goes bad it could be 50yds right.

Cheers.

Looking at them again I would definitely say your legs are too straight, you should have an athletic stance, almost as if you were a goalie facing a peno.

Have you had any recent lessons, what comments have been made, what have they asked you to work on?

Are they fading right, cutting right, starting left and ending right or blocked straight right?

Looking at them again I would definitely say your legs are too straight, you should have an athletic stance, almost as if you were a goalie facing a peno.

Have you had any recent lessons, what comments have been made, what have they asked you to work on?

Are they fading right, cutting right, starting left and ending right or blocked straight right?

Never had a lesson, that's on the agenda for early Feb. When they go right they fade.

Must try bending the knees a bit more.

SEORG wrote: »
    Never had a lesson, that's on the agenda for early Feb. When they go right they fade.

Must try bending the knees a bit more.

Compare your driver swing to this from Charl with same club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Compare your driver swing to this from Charl with same club.

Lads, look how close his right is to right pocket - amazing

Sorry - i'm only off 11 so could not offer much - legs do look very straight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 themink

Been a reader for a while but want to try become more of a contributor. I said id start by posting a video of my current swing. Would be interested to hear other posters feedback/critique.

Background: Started playing when i was 13/14 & got down to a handicap of 20 when i was 15 i think. Then didnt play more than once or twice a year for 10+ years. Getting more & more into it again the last couple of years though since i moved to the US. Dont have an official handicap currently but am playing to around a 14 handicap. Best score is 80 on a par 70 course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

themink wrote: »
    Been a reader for a while but want to try become more of a contributor. I said id start by posting a video of my current swing. Would be interested to hear other posters feedback/critique.

Background: Started playing when i was 13/14 & got down to a handicap of 20 when i was 15 i think. Then didnt play more than once or twice a year for 10+ years. Getting more & more into it again the last couple of years though since i moved to the US. Dont have an official handicap currently but am playing to around a 14 handicap. Best score is 80 on a par 70 course.

The fundamentals of your swing look good to my (very unexpert) eye. However your backswing looks very slow compared to your downswing (or your downswing looks very quick ....). Maybe a more even tempo between the two would result in a more consistent swing? What's your bad shot - I'm guessing it could be anything?

^
    Actually Id have said its a very nice tempo... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

^
    Actually Id have said its a very nice tempo... :)

Yeah, maybe you're right - just looks to me like a slight loss of balance at the finish. Always hard to tell from one 10 second clip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Cairn

themink wrote: »

Lots to admire in that swing.

At the top of the backswing your right leg seems to have straightened.

If you can keep more of the set up flex in the right knee it should help consistency and distance. Better check this with the single figures guys though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Gotta agree with greebo, tempo looks pretty Damn good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭whizbang

more of the set up flex in the right knee

- i would loose the flex word here, but i think this is a key point.
    Just too much lower body movement in the backswing.

Try the old trick of resting a wedge against your belly while swinging, and dont dislodge it till the ball is in the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 themink

Thanks for all the replies. Very interesting to get others perspective.
    Originally Posted by GreeBo
    ^
    Actually Id have said its a very nice tempo...
    Yeah, maybe you're right - just looks to me like a slight loss of balance at the finish. Always hard to tell from one 10 second clip

Interesting comments on the tempo. I actually made a conscious effort to slow down my backswing a bit last year. Found i was able to keep things bit more consistent & under control by doing that. Balance at the finish is certainly an issue. I got a lesson recently & the pro mentioned it was partially due to having a wide swing or something like that. Somethinng i have to try work on anyways
    more of the set up flex in the right knee
    - i would loose the flex word here, but i think this is a key point.
    Just too much lower body movement in the backswing.

Try the old trick of resting a wedge against your belly while swinging, and dont dislodge it till the ball is in the hole.

Will try this out. Is this likely to be contributing to lack of balance at the end of the swing also?

One thing i noticed is at the top of the swing there seems to be a bit of a shift in club/arm position just before starting the downswing. Is this something to be concerned about or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Seves Three Iron

You are good enough, and seem interested enough, to benefit from lessons. You should go get one or two instead of picking up bits and pieces here. Nothing worse than practicing stuff that may harm your swing, however well meaning.

That said, it is a forum and I take the point that you've asked for the info in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 parseeker

little work needed on the follow-through ?

• Advertisement

parseeker wrote: »
    little work needed on the follow-through ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuT9fjVea4g&feature=youtu.be

Not bad, need to work on getting a bit of a divot there too!

Advertisement