Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident Evil 5 Help.

• 18-04-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

i figure il just put my question here as its to do with xbox hard drives aswell as the game,

ok, i got a new xbox there recently with a bigger hard drive, i recovered my gamertag onto it and it was all grand,

but then when i went to play resident evil 5 it told me that there was no saved data on the storage device (being the new hard drive),

Ive already completed the game and i have alot of good stuff such as infiate weapons and such so i dont want to have to do it again,

does anyone know if i can do something to get my saved game on the new hard drive or will i just have to use the old one to play that game?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Think your just gonnahave to use your old one,,,,,unless there is some way to get portable flash drive and copy the saved games and move them from one machine to another, though i've not heard of it being done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you recovered your gamertag it doesn't bring across your saves, you have them on the harddrive. Either get a memory card and copy it onto that, and then onto the new HD, or do the HD transfer thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

koneko wrote: »
    If you recovered your gamertag it doesn't bring across your saves, you have them on the harddrive. Either get a memory card and copy it onto that, and then onto the new HD, or do the HD transfer thing.

ah i see, and roughly how much are memory cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

About 20-25 euro.
    Or you may be able to bring both HDD's to a game shop, and they might do the transfer for you. Gamestop or Game most likely have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

ok thanks for the replies,

i reckon il get a memory card and just transfer the games i wanna keep the saves from onto the new hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

LD 50 wrote: »
    About 20-25 euro.

Actually Peats was selling the old 64MB memory cards (more than enough for your game saves) for a fiver - I bought one about a month ago when I got the new Xbox and used it to transfer all my saved games (with the exception of Bioshock and The Orange Box, most game saves are pretty small).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 chappy_chap

brennaldo wrote: »
    i figure il just put my question here as its to do with xbox hard drives aswell as the game,

ok, i got a new xbox there recently with a bigger hard drive, i recovered my gamertag onto it and it was all grand,

but then when i went to play resident evil 5 it told me that there was no saved data on the storage device (being the new hard drive),

Ive already completed the game and i have alot of good stuff such as infiate weapons and such so i dont want to have to do it again,

does anyone know if i can do something to get my saved game on the new hard drive or will i just have to use the old one to play that game?

thanks.

i done the same thing as you but i had to keep switching over so i would say thats your best bet man sorry....

Advertisement