Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto V

• 18-04-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Any announcements on this made yet???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

nah bobby, doubt anyime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

More than likely it's the next Vice City and almost definitly won't be called GTA V.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nailz wrote: »
    almost definitly won't be called GTA V.
    Unless it's GTA Vice (or maybe GTA VIce if they do another game in between ;)).

I'd love if they broke the cycle and did something different rather than LC > VC > SA for the third time :( I think the next we'll see is more DLC rather than a new city.

Those are very smart names, I think they'll continue the cycle with GTA VIce City. Good names though, again. You should be the assistant Marketing Manager (the Assistant MM comes up with the ideas, the MM says "Yeah, we'll go with that.")!

I said that same thing about 12 times, and this time I decided somebody else should say that! Thanks! But I like the cycles, maybe though they can add an extra game or something, I don't want the current 2 cities/state to be replaced, I like their idea and concept too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Id like a new San Andreas one tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The only rumours I've heard about it is it could possibly be a PS3 exclusive

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Id like a new San Andreas one tbh!
    If that were going to happen, it would be after the new Vice City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

really hope they break the mould and go for a GTA in Tokyo, somewhere different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

A mate of mines best friends cousins next door neighbour told me it was set on the moon or possibly London.

Have to check ...

BRB

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    really hope they break the mould and go for a GTA in Tokyo, somewhere different.
    No thank you, I can't stand the Japanese!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

They will defo do an american city id say, although i hope that whatever they do it wont be set too far in the past or too far in the future. If the GTA game took place in the 60's id be very upset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Sea Devils wrote: »
    The only rumours I've heard about it is it could possibly be a PS3 exclusive

Could be true, This basically states that anything new might be too big for xbox 360 discs
    http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=6694

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I wouldn't believe that. There's no way they'll make a game too big to fit on a xbox 360 disc, as they'd miss out on half of their potential sales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hogzy wrote: »
    Could be true, This basically states that anything new might be too big for xbox 360 discs

They could maybe use more than 1 disc.

A few, FF and MGS on PS1 were multi-disc(to name a couple).

I would guess that M$ would look for some sort of GTA V, because they know it $€ll$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭captainscarlet

There's been no official announcement of any work on a new GTA for PS3 or 360. But Rockstar have been saying they dont want to work on the 360 again because of the limits on disk space and processing power.

So its anybodies guess as to when its gonna drop. They'll keep producing expansions for the 360 version because of a deal made with Microsoft, but chances are these will appear on a Game of the Year Edition at the end of this year anyways for the PS3.

They will defo do an american city id say, although i hope that whatever they do it wont be set too far in the past or too far in the future. If the GTA game took place in the 60's id be very upset
    Why not the 60's, that would be groovy! And the music would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭rizzla

There's been no official announcement of any work on a new GTA for PS3 or 360. But Rockstar have been saying they dont want to work on the 360 again because of the limits on disk space and processing power.

Can you post a link to that please?

Rockstar are developing a PS3 exclusive but there's no word on what it is.

I think they already broke the cycle people have mentioned on here by releasing dlc episodes. As for a GTA 5, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

It doesn't say it won't be on the 360 , it says it won't fit on a standard 360 disc.

Hint, 2 discs have more space than 1.
    Rockstar co-founder Sam (no, not Dan) Houser doesn't know if the next Grand Theft Auto title after IV will properly fit onto the 360's standard-sized discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Then put it on two discs? :rolleyes:

There is no way MS would let this be a Sony exclusive.

Fastest selling game of all time already I don't think MS would roll over and take it.

R* are still waiting on releasing the second piece of DLC before anything is announced for the second instalment this generation. Which will more than likely be the guy from the botched diamond sale and the bank heist cut scene.

I wouldn't mind keeping with the cycle of PS2/Xbox meaning VC in the 80s would be next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

Geff wrote: »

I wouldn't mind keeping with the cycle of PS2/Xbox meaning VC in the 80s would be next.

Or GTA IV: Liberty City Stories.

As long it isn't boring Liberty City again, I won't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't know, rockstar seem to say all kinds of strange things. None of the last few GTAs where supposed to appear on PC but they did eventually. I really can't see them turning down all the money they'd make from selling it on xbox.

GTA in 60s London would be class.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Or GTA IV: Liberty City Stories.

As long it isn't boring Liberty City again, I won't mind.

GTAIVs LC was anything but boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

How anyone can find Liberty City boring is beyond me, you could complete the entire game 100% and keep finding things to do, personally I get endless amounts of entertainment from the random dialogue and events which happen all over the city, have found myself just sitting at a corner listening to people on there phones...I tend to shoot them soon afterwards of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Nailz wrote: »
    No thank you, I can't stand the Japanese!

not necessiarly tokyo but somewhere thats not San Andreas, Vice City or Liberty City. imagine rockstar's humour with a GTA based in London, would make for a welcome change rather than an american city again with similiar humour, weapons and yo, yo nigga crap.

A modern take on London would be pretty good. I don't think the landmarks would be there though. Look at NYC/LA/LV/SF from previous games. London doesn't have much.

Although a story in the vein of Lock Stock/Snatch would be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

it be cool if they did a sort of london/paris hybrid :D

the film district 13 set in paris makes me really want to play a ps3 game in paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

By the time another full-on sequel comes around - which would require a substantial increase in disc space - there will more than likely be a successor to the 360 on the market; till then we'll probably see GTA4: London, SA type games. The last gen GTA engine was around for over 6 years, while the 360 is almost four years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

By the time another full-on sequel comes around - which would require a substantial increase in disc space - there will more than likely be a successor to the 360 on the market; till then we'll probably see GTA4: London, SA type games. The last gen GTA engine was around for over 6 years, while the 360 is almost four years old.

yup, won't see another GTA game for ages.... its even more annoying that the PC versions come out months after the console releases :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ScumLord wrote: »
    really can't see them turning down all the money they'd make from selling it on xbox.

This is based on the idea that they've made money on the 360. Keep in mind they've had to push extra resources into the 360, and no doubt have a dedicated team for PS3 and ANOTHER team dedicated to PC. It's a more expensive environment to develop a multi-platform game now.

Now I can't see them turning away the 360, as the PS3 on its own (or even the 360 on its own) won't make enough money to justify a full development cycle.

What I took from the interview was more that they might leave stuff out (like original rumours about IV) from the 360 version, or let users download radio stations etc. if they so wish on XBL to save disk space.

They could do 2 disks, but how to you store disk one's data when inserting disk 2? There are far more overheads then PS1/2 days with multiple disks with the software, and a huge amount of 360's on the market haven't got HDD's in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

By the time the next GTA is released, there will be a lot more PS3s sold, and R* are one of the few devs who care about the finished product. Anyway, whos to say a new Xbox won't be out by then?

Advertisement