Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a really obscure comic story from when I was a kid.

Options
  • 18-04-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

First off I haven't much hope I'll get the answer (this question has been bugging me for years) but I'll throw it out here and see what happens.

The story is as follows. An inventer is working in his shop building a human shaped/sized robot. When he finishes he gives the robot a human skin so it to all intents and purposes looks human. When the inventor leaves the shop the the robot secretly goes out into the city because it is eager to learn about humanity. All sounds very Bicentenial-Man right? Well it is up to this point. The robot starts examining peoples behaviour and all is going to well until the robot does something wrong (can't remember exactly what, perhaps accidently hurting a person or something? Not really sure) but the net result is the people on the street become angry and violent with him. One hits him and breaks off his skin revealing to all present that he is a robot. The robot then flees back to his creators workshop where he is given a summing up on negative realities of humanity by the inventor.

When I read this story it probably would have been in a mid 1980's comic book. But that said I'm also guessing it was an old story reprinted. Everyone in it looked real 'square' and had those 'flat top' haircuts, you know like the ones you might have seen in the early 60's spider-man comics?

I'm pretty sure also this strip was just a 'filler story' at the back of some other magazine. I'm guessing Marvel Transformers or perhaps Marvel Star Wars comic because that's what read a lot of. I'm not really sure except I'm positive it was just some sort of 'one off' story stuck in the back of some other comic

If anyone could tell me what this story is I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement