Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pple quiting from ranked matches

Options
  • 18-04-2009 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

You know the story pple quiting cos they're losing 3nil. Why don't I get the win it was really pissing me off today.

Why have EA not gotten rid of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Not everybody has no life and can play a interupption free match every single time.

You know like.......
    urgent phonecall
    visitor

Any of these concepts sound familiar?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Not everybody has no life and can play a interupption free match every single time.

You know like.......
    urgent phonecall
    visitor

Eh if your busy why play go on at that time and play? People quit because they dont want to get the loss.

To the op if you wait a minute or two before accepting the connection lost message you should get the 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Yes, if you commit to playing a 10 min game of fifa it means you have no life? :rolleyes:
    You know like.......
    urgent phonecall
    visitor

I played 14 games last week on Ultimate team. 12 of those people had "urgent phonecalls" or "visitors"? Suspicious how these things only seem to happen within seconds of me scoring.

Indeed, but does the concept of "bollocks excuses" sound familiar? I'm sure it does.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

urgent phonecall

The world must be in chaos so cos everytime i go 2 or 3 into the lead people get one of these "urgent" phonecalls, yet they only last a minute because if you go look at their gamertag after they quit playing you they are in another game already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Like I was playing today n just when I scored to go two goals in front and the other player hadn't got a sniff of a goal he quits. N I txt him about it and blames me for dropping the connection. So I say I'll give you the benefit of the doubt back to him and he then replies **** at me, so seems likely he jst gave up. I feel that I cant score too many in case the other player just quits.

Today I was playing n lost 8-0 to a guy ranked 1000 or something. but didnt quit it seems only fair you take the losiing with the winning.

OK so you do get the win if you wait for a min or two afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Like I was playing today n just when I scored to go two goals in front and the other player hadn't got a sniff of a goal he quits. N I txt him about it and blames me for dropping the connection. So I say I'll give you the benefit of the doubt back to him and he then replies **** at me, so seems likely he jst gave up. I feel that I cant score too many in case the other player just quits.

Today I was playing n lost 8-0 to a guy ranked 1000 or something. but didnt quit it seems only fair you take the losiing with the winning.

OK so you do get the win if you wait for a min or two afterwards?

From what I've seen, if your opponent quits through the menu then you will get the win but if they just unplug their network connection there will be no record of the game.

There are a few theories about how to get the win, like waiting a couple of minutes after the game, but I've never seen any way working.

I've given up playing online now, it's pointless. I mean if everyone quits when they're losing then nobody will have any record :rolleyes:

Advertisement