Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error 99 Eos 400d

• 18-04-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, I know this has been covered before but maybe someone will point me in the right direction.

I am getting a message on my 400d as follows There is a problem with C.F Card. Replace the card. It shows err99 when I try to format it via the camera. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks L

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Had this problem with the 1D in work, so the bossman emailed them, the cameras are being recalled so maybe send a quick email see what they say it could be a problem in the 400D.

They told him...

"Canon has reported that some EOS-1D Mark III and EOS-1Ds Mark III cameras have a problem in the accuracy of the AF (autofocusing) feature. If an AF point other than the centre AF point is used, focus may become soft. There is also an abnormal mirror operation with some of these cameras which gives an 'Err 99' message."

PM me with your email address and ill forward you on the email we got back and you can check it out if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Also, which lens are you using, some Sigma's (older models) throw up this error, along with other lenses having dirty contacts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Also, which lens are you using, some Sigma's (older models) throw up this error, along with other lenses having dirty contacts :)
    I had this error on my 20D (A few years ago) after changing a lens in a hurry, for a group photo. I took off the lens and put it back on and never again saw this error, so I presume I never put the lens on properly (Poor contact)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have cleaned contacts srill getting same message. Using the kit lens but will try some others. Any suggestions on where I can leave it to get it checked out.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

What make is your CF card?

• Advertisement

The card which showed up the error was a Kingston 4gb card. But I have put in a Sandisk extreme 3 and I am getting the same message. so I think it may be camera:mad:

Have camera bout 2 years and have just got a 40d so I am not without camera but my 11year old son uses it if we go out togeather, never uses it on his own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

ISS checked an Error99 for me but the net result was not good news for me. Is there any chance one of the pins on your CF slot in your camera is slightly bent?

Calina wrote: »
    ISS checked an Error99 for me but the net result was not good news for me. Is there any chance one of the pins on your CF slot in your camera is slightly bent?

Calina I think that could be the problem. One pin looks slightly off line. Is it expensive to get repaired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

My guess is they'll want to replace the card reader in the camera. I have no idea how much it will cost but your Canon service agents in Dublin are Image Supply Systems. You could try calling them tomorrow and hope that they have one handy. I do know that other people have had it done on earlier Canon dSLRs but I have no idea what the money side of things was like.

Advertisement