Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private dining rooms / small function rooms

• 18-04-2009 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I am looking for somewhere to have a late lunch for 14-16 people on a Friday in June. It is a special occasion so we're quite fussy. Looking for somewhere central (D2, D4, D6 in order of preference) where we can have some privacy, that is flexible about times, and is also bright and airy for a summer's afternoon.

We thought we had found the perfect place - the aviator lounge in Bentley's - but they are screwing around over confirming whether it is available. They say a VIP has a provisional booking and they are scared to actually tell them to sh*t or get off the pot.

So, does anyone know of anywhere similar that might fit the bill? We have tried most of the hotels, who typically have nice rooms, but no flexibility and poor value. Also tried Berry Bros who are a good fall back option, but their rooms are a bit dark and heavy. We don't have the numbers for somewhere like 10 Ormond Quay or La Peniche.

I guess I am hoping to find something like a function room in a society or club that allow outside catering and non-members. Or anything out of the ordinary really.

Appreciate any help anyone can offer. I know it is a long shot, and that my requirements are very narrow.

Moderators, I wasn't sure if this was more suited to the Dublin City forum or here. Apologies if I got it wrong.

Comments

Advertisement