Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology Course for Mature Students

• 18-04-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

I am 29 and have been out of work since last Sept due to recession. My background is in architecture as a technician but i have always wanted to work in psychology as i did a class in it many years ago.
    Just wondered are they any courses out there for mature students that DON'T cost a fortune or need previous psychology experience to get on?? Thanks in advance. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

What sort of course are you thinking of? A degree? An extra-mural course? A qualification in counselling?

If you can tell us more, we might be able to help.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I was thinking of a counselling course......Diploma or Degree, whatever I need in order to start work for myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

First of all, you are not qualified to be a counsellor, on a psychology degree alone, you would then need to do a masters in counselling psychology. However, there are plenty of counselling and psychotherapy courses around. I am in my final year in PCI www.pcicollege.ie, which, in my opinion, is an excellent course.

Advertisement